TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished installing my new Trail Tech Endurance II on my bike. I was hoping for more posts of others doing the same to gain a little guidance.
So I improvised, and "Jerry Rigged" a bit to make it work.
I use a mount that I had from an old mountain bike, 'Cateye', to position the sensor close enough to the magnet that I mounted on the front wheel with JB Weld. (See Pictures)
IMG_5384.jpg IMG_5385.jpg IMG_5386.jpg IMG_5387.jpg

The only think left to do is connect the power to the battery. (It will run on battery, so I'm not sure why it needs to connect to the battery) Not sure how to do this part yet. If anyone has any suggestions, that would most helpful!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Checking the Trail Tech website, I see no reason that you 'need' to connect to the bikes battery. Currently I am running my Vector using only the button cell. Not sure how much night riding you do but this is likely the best reason to consider connecting to the bikes electrical system. The connection I used on my previous Trail-Tech units was a simple, wires direct to battery. Gerry

·
Registered
134 Posts
I installed a Trail Tech Vapor on my bike and really like all the extra features. I didn't like how they wanted you to jury rig the speed pickup to the old spedo cable (especially since I wanted to remove it as I wasn't using it any longer). So I made a pickup adapter that used the old spedo cable mount on the hub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts