TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be a while till I get another video edited and uploaded so here's a few pics from a rip last Saturday. I'll likely add more pics to the thread from future rides...
And we're off!
Me on TW jump1.jpg
Where do we go now?
Me on TW.jpg
Working on wheelies on the sawdust pile.
ME TW wheelie1.jpg
More Wheelies...
ME TW wheelie.jpg
And more wheelies
ME TW wheelie2.jpg
Bottoming out on the whoops...yeah I could use a suspension upgrade.
Me on TW whopps 0.jpg
Getting air on whoops.
Me on TW whopps 1.jpg
Ripping into a pit.
Me on TW2.jpg
Bouncing around.
Me on TW jump.jpg
Another great day of riding!
Me on TW1.jpg

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
This picture, particularly the helmet, reminded me of you're old avatar as I see you have a new one now. Very cool jumping. Like I said before, your skills are way above mine.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks!

Yeah the profile animation I made. I might bring it back sometime...just felt like time for a change.

Glad to hear the new treads are serving you well...it's a great upgrade.

I would be doing more tight single track but it's tick season here now and my wrist does better when the jarring is more predictable and I can use my legs to reduce upper body strain. Who am I kidding if it weren't for ticks I'd be in the woods more anyways. This is a great place to practive wheelies and pivot turns. I'm not ready to work on pivot turns quite yet. I tried them before my injury and they were a bit strenuous then.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know what else this post teaches me?

I need a photographer so I can get a better profile pic of in-action riding. The one I use now shows my bad side.
Yeah you can't quite capture the moment in picture (better or worse) but sometimes you come close. I grabbed these from another helmet cam's video frames. The quality was surprising from a helmet cam and I polished them up in photoshop.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pics ! Careful and don't bruise your elbow or get sand rash :D
Thanks. No worries. Sawdust won't do either. It's like a foam pit....but otherwise I do take the risks seriously.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know what else this post teaches me?

I need a photographer so I can get a better profile pic of in-action riding. The one I use now shows my bad side.
Oh your avatar....I think you meant to say Bah-ah-ah-ah-ad side. lol

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to the powerlines to explore a new section. Great weather!

Starting to look more like my old avatar....
Trail Woman on TW200 2 .jpg
Trail Woman TW200  on powerline.jpg
Trail Woman on TW200 3 .jpg
Right now dabbing a foot down hurts but I'll get back to the action shots once my knee is up to it.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm really happy to be in Canada since I can ride year round. I don't think I could handle riding in the summer heat in some parts of the US. Especially with riding gear on.

My knee was starting to feel better that day but I had a unpredictable bounce to the side that caused me to put my foot down and it set me back. It's been aching since so I really have to take it easy now. I might be out of riding for another week unless it's super tame riding. Which is not easy to do. lol

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I would strongly recommend wearing riding boots. Hiking boots and work boots just do not cut it.
I attended a "FRED" (Friday Rider Education while Drinking) talk at the Loose Screw in Kamloops this weekend and the topic of footwear came up.
Hell, I get shit from my more aggressive riding buddies for wearing the Forma Adventure boots.

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
Here is some easy to say but hard to do unsolicited advice: Try to not re-injure yourself again while enjoying the remainder of the riding season. Those soft tissue injuries take long enough to heal even when pampered. Re-injured them and they can become lifelong annoyances.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun there. . But take it easy on that leg. I know all too well the difficulties of recovering from leg injuries (three times I been told they were going to possibly amputate my left leg below knee and three times I dodged that bullet). Today almost 7 years later the legs still weaker but I function at about 80% of what I used too.

Off road I sometimes feel good and push it a bit harder than I should and then I’m back to maybe 50% for weeks later. It’s just not worth it.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't rode the TW in a few days now...feeling a lot better but not enough to risk bringing it back.

I'm only a few years into my 40s with sciatica and an impinged shoulder so I'm very aware of life long annoyances. Both require regular exercise and stretches without which and I'd be in pain. Most the times I still feel like a teenager.

Boots would not have helped at all in this case where it was my knee taking too much weight/force. The only way protective gear may have helped is if I wore all of it and went down on my side with the bike instead of planting a foot to jump on the side ways bike. But then my hip or shoulder would be taking it...so it seems like no easy solution. For wearing shorts and tank top I got off lucky. The only damage sustained was my knee, handguard and plastic over the muffler. It was however a good reminder to ride how I'm dressed and coincidentally I have been looking into boots.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts