TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my 5x8 trailer today with a 3/4" plywood deck and added a wheel chock to haul the TW. I have it loaded and strapped down, and have the front shocks compressed pretty far, as they are soft. Will this create any issues for me? Trailer.jpg

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
With the choke you should not have to compress your front shocks more than 1/2 way. You can buy or make a stop to go between your top bracket and the wheel to prevent the shocks from being compressed too much.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The choke?

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Chock was the intend word. A scrap 4 or 5 inch piece of 4x4 might make a good stop as ejfranz suggests. Placed between fender and lower triple clamp allows your tie downs to compress suspension against the wood taking up any slop without worry of blowing out fork seals.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
One thing you can try is using tie-down extensions. I have used them making a double wrap around the bottom of the fork rubbers above the fender mount and tie down from there. No fork compression. You can tie down from the bar area slightly compressing the forks also; or just to the sides to keep the upper area from torquing against the lower tie-downs. I also do a tie-down wrap around the front tire and wheel chock.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input. I trailer it with it compressed almost all the way with no issues but will utilize some of these ideas next time

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Certainly having the front tie-downs extending as horizontal as possible will reduce need to compress forks for a stable haul (i.e. attach tie-downs to the trailer's raised side rails as opposed to the trailer floor).

Does anyone have first hand experience with motorcycle wheel chocks that actually support the front of a TW securely?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just bought a cheap wheel chock from my local place. They had two widths, I got the wider one. Worked great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts