TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,
I just purchased a TrailTech Vapor with Dashboard Indicator lights (turn signals/high beam/and neutral) for my 2010 TW200. Has any one had any experience wiring this up to the bikes stock wiring? Basically, which TrailTech wires go to which TW wires? I have removed the stock pilot box and speedo from the bike and I'm left with the bundle of stock wires with barrel connectors and a six wire plug from the connection to the stock pilot box. Any help is much appreciated

P.S. I have one turn signal indicator light for right and one for left set up on the TrailTech

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello All,
I just purchased a TrailTech Vapor with Dashboard Indicator lights (turn signals/high beam/and neutral) for my 2010 TW200. Has any one had any experience wiring this up to the bikes stock wiring? Basically, which TrailTech wires go to which TW wires? I have removed the stock pilot box and speedo from the bike and I'm left with the bundle of stock wires with barrel connectors and a six wire plug from the connection to the stock pilot box. Any help is much appreciated

P.S. I have one turn signal indicator light for right and one for left set up on the TrailTech

Sorry,I have no answer to your question, but I would be interested in your speedo w/ the resettable trip meter

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry,I have no answer to your question, but I would be interested in your speedo w/ the resettable trip meter
The speedo, bracket, and pilot box are sold. I still have the speedo cable available.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Hello All,

PM one of these guys that have installed one. Or call tech support, I hear they are very helpful.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/11-electronic-speedometer.html

·
Registered
134 Posts
It has been long enough ago that I did mine, but don't remember any problems getting it to work. I'm guessing I just used a test light and figured out what each wire on the bike's harness did and attached it to the Trail Tech indicator. I'll take a look and see what I find without disassembling it. I think yours probably looks like mine with the Neutral light (shown on), High beam, left and right turn signal indicators:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I put the. Vapor on my bike. Like it a lot. I just used a test light to determine what's what and soldered it up. ( put shrink tubing on the wire before you solder or you just solderd for nothing!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thought Id bring this tread back to life. I've since wired everything up (turn signal indicators, high beam, etc), however I still can't determine which wires to connect to the "neutral" light on the TrailTech indicator (just a single LED light with two wires) to the bike wiring harness. I have tried a few different combinations using a common ground and either get nothing or end up blowing a fuse. Should I be doing something different, possibly a different ground? I tried looking at the Yamaha wiring diagram for the bike and can't really figure it out that way either. Any help would be appreciated.

263 Posts
Thought Id bring this tread back to life. I've since wired everything up (turn signal indicators, high beam, etc), however I still can't determine which wires to connect to the "neutral" light on the TrailTech indicator (just a single LED light with two wires) to the bike wiring harness. I have tried a few different combinations using a common ground and either get nothing or end up blowing a fuse. Should I be doing something different, possibly a different ground? I tried looking at the Yamaha wiring diagram for the bike and can't really figure it out that way either. Any help would be appreciated.
I've been working on mine for 2 days and can't figure it out! I've blown 8 or more fuses, sparks, and a bit of smoke. Horrible experience with this product. Looks like I might have to spend more money (and possibly cancel Moab because of it) and take it to a shop.

·
Registered
504 Posts
When I installed mine I replaced the existing broken OEM speedo. I did not have any trouble wiring up the turn sig, power etc.. Used a DVM. Bummer that I did not take any pictures of the install. Several of us made our own bracket to hold the Trailtech.

Yes it does have a resettable trip miles.

0119190929.jpg

263 Posts
When I installed mine I replaced the existing broken OEM speedo. I did not have any trouble wiring up the turn sig, power etc.. Used a DVM. Bummer that I did not take any pictures of the install. Several of us made our own bracket to hold the Trailtech.

Yes it does have a resettable trip miles.

View attachment 191480
The speedo was fairly easy as it is all plug and play. The dashboard lights, specifically the neutral indicator is what I can't figure out. I also wanted to have separate left and right turn signals but got frustrated and gave up. Right now the six wires coming from the TW are wire nutted and taped up. I'm not a happy camper.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The speedo was fairly easy as it is all plug and play. The dashboard lights, specifically the neutral indicator is what I can't figure out. I also wanted to have separate left and right turn signals but got frustrated and gave up. Right now the six wires coming from the TW are wire nutted and taped up. I'm not a happy camper.
Maybe this drawing might help..... I drew it so I could wire my Vapor.... It was not just a plug and play...hhahaaaa.

Scan.jpeg

263 Posts
263 Posts
Are or were you logged in. Can not see pictures if not logged in.

I can see them..... Here ya go again.

View attachment 191508

I was logged in. Still can’t see the first one you posted but this one I can! Thank you. Going to see if this sheds light on any of my problems.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Till Death Dual Us Sport™;993896 said:
I was logged in. Still can’t see the first one you posted but this one I can! Thank you. Going to see if this sheds light on any of my problems.
Great, now gett'er done and head for Moab!

Jim

·
Registered
504 Posts
Did the drawing help a bit. I see that you are using the Trailtec now..... Is everything functioning now?

Did you know that if the magnet on the hub and the pick-up aligns up the display will not turn off and it will kill the battery in the Trailtec? Just give you a heads up.

Sure like your videos.. I can ride along with ya!

Did you make it to Moab?

Jim

263 Posts
Did the drawing help a bit. I see that you are using the Trailtec now..... Is everything functioning now?

Did you know that if the magnet on the hub and the pick-up aligns up the display will not turn off and it will kill the battery in the Trailtec? Just give you a heads up.

Sure like your videos.. I can ride along with ya!

Did you make it to Moab?

Jim
Still can’t figure out the neutral light. I’m pretty sure the neutral switch went bad. I have a new one ready to install during my next oil change.

Thanks for the heads up! Good to know.

Glad you’re enjoying the vids!

I did not make it to Moab. So many things went wrong after I looped the bike. It ate up all of my Moab funds. Now I have a few stripped valve cover threads on the exhaust side. One is on the bottom so it looks like I’m going to have to pull the engine and install some Time-Serts. I might as well do all 5 while I'm at it.

Hopefully I have the patience to complete the task :violent1:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts