TW200 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thought Id bring this tread back to life. I've since wired everything up (turn signal indicators, high beam, etc), however I still can't determine which wires to connect to the "neutral" light on the TrailTech indicator (just a single LED light with two wires) to the bike wiring harness. I have tried a few different combinations using a common ground and either get nothing or end up blowing a fuse. Should I be doing something different, possibly a different ground? I tried looking at the Yamaha wiring diagram for the bike and can't really figure it out that way either. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you get your neutral light sorted out? If not see if my drawing will help to sort it out?

Jim

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Bummer Dude, bummer...

·
Registered
305 Posts
I don't know about the TW specifically, but a lot of indicator lights I've dealt with on various bikes are constant power, floating ground. Meaning the neutral/temp/whatever switch is on the ground side of the circuit, not the power. If the switch only has one wire, it's almost certainly just making/breaking contact to whatever it's screwed into(ground).

The LED indicators on the Trail Tech also will need polarity observed, unlike the incandescent bulbs on the stock indicator box. Meaning, the negative (input) of the LED gets attached to the constant power, and the positive (output) goes to ground since that's how electricity flows.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts