TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
What Bike you Going to be Riding? {Just asking because that seems a bit much for the trusty tw, but I could be wrong}?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Be careful out there.

Lots of reports of TAT guys being devoured by feral hogs and brain-eating zombies.
Sleep well and take lots of pix.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Your wrong Hoot

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Your wrong Hoot
I can accept that...just wanted to know if he was doing it on a TW...? Because I was thinking if he is...with a few moderations and a few friends, I might be into trying it down the road.....

but from the Gung Hoe{or is that Gung Ho} bunch over in ADV, seems like the only way you can run the TAT is in a freaking Tank :eek:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I have every intention of doing it on a TW Hoot.
Well Hell, I'm with you, let's get a group and plan for a soon to be summer, before I'm too damn old or in the ground....I figure if we get 4 or 5 like minded people that can stand each other for whatever it takes on a TW{one has to know a sheet load about how to help us non mechanical folks out} I can do a late summer run sometime in the next couple of years....."Let's Roll"...of course I have to have a real bed and hot shower at least once every 4 or 5 days :icescream:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Sounds like a plan in the making...booked with Baseball and weddings before Football this year, but, I can work something out down the road a year or so.....and yea, I probably would not ride the pavement down or back....but with a few minor mods, I can give it a try...why not? Life is fleeting and I've got a few items on the "Maybe Bucket List" I would like to try.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sold my TW :(
I would have no reservations on riding the TAT on a TW.
I just wouldnt have been able to keep up on the slab back and I only have 30 days off!

I bought a DR650 for the TAT, the other guys are on KTM690's
As far as navigation I bought Sam's Maps and Roll Charts the other guys are getting the GPS track and loading them into Garmin Montana/Monterra

Please like my FB and check out the Blog website. It will have links to the YouTube, Instagram, Twitter etc...

AMUDLIFECRISIS BLOG

AMUDLIFECRISIS FACEBOOK PAGE

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I'm a DR650 fan. Good choice. I will have to check out the Garmin Montana/Monterra (again). I'm having a hard time picking a dedicated MC gps. Lots of information, almost too much. Hope you have a great time out there.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I retire July 2016 it would give us time to plan and really would be cool to setup a tw200 forum ride in Sept 2016 you do not want to hit the Nevada part in high heat. I would U-Haul my TW to the start point and U-Haul it home from the finish.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
People make too big of a deal out of what you "have to have" or "where to go" to do an adventure ride! Be like NIKE and Just Do It!
Do it on whatever you got! Do a little of it this year, a little next year, it really doesn't matter. Wear what you have! Ride what you have! Go around your home town, county or state! Do a weekend or a week, it doesn't have to be elaborate! Make your adventure whatever, whenever!!!
Who says you have to do it all at once, with the latest and greatest most expensive bike and gear! It is silly to buy into that notion and all the hype and marketing BS.
I hear people all the time say shit like, "I WISH I could do a trip like that" or "I WISH I was going" or "I HOPE do be able to do it someday"
Well GUESS what??? You can WISH and HOPE all you want and you'll still be sitting there on your azz! Get the hell up and GO DO IT!!! It doesn't have to be that complicated! Drop the notion that you CAN'T do it and quit making excuses!!!

GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!
That's what my mother always said.
:D

·
Registered
503 Posts
can I 'like' the above comment more than once?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll be leaving from here on Aug 9th for anyone that wants to go!

Hunt's Lodge Motorcycle Campground & Sleeping Cabins

I will be posting to the Blog/Website in the coming weeks the itinerary of what major towns we will be passing through and approximately when.
Maybe some people would like to come out and ride for a day or two....a week or two...the whole month!

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I retire July 2016 it would give us time to plan and really would be cool to setup a tw200 forum ride in Sept 2016 you do not want to hit the Nevada part in high heat. I would U-Haul my TW to the start point and U-Haul it home from the finish.
I'm game, would be 67 then, but Hell if I don't stroke or drop dead, I am in pretty good shape for an old guy....see if Boreno and a handful of others want to try it....I've got time on my hands to plan!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I'm game, would be 67 then, but Hell if I don't stroke or drop dead, I am in pretty good shape for an old guy....see if Boreno and a handful of others want to try it....I've got time on my hands to plan!
Last week I was on a Scuba Diving live aboard dive trip and I paired up with Carl and Rich both from Austin Texas Rich was 75 and Carl was 78 and still kicking ass and made over 18 dive each that week.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
And both were retired from IBM as I was told many times!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts