TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time coming but eventually got the old girl powder coated (1999 beauty). Military grade color on all major parts with smaller parts to be coated in plain ole black. Engine re-worked, seat upholstered, round headlight, streamline front fender, hollow mod design .... no expense spared!!! She'll be a while in the making since we are out and about and that whole $$$ thing too. We want to take our time and make her purrty! White star to be added to tank and grips to match the seat color. Will swap to a circular front panel read out too, to compliment headlight. Purchasing mostly all new internal/external assembly. Lastly I feel this bike deserves a bad ass Bell Rouge helmet ... coz why not! But for now, she rests in the air conditioned spare room. It's been a traumatic few days for her after-all!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
poor baby.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Can't wait to watch the build! I'm still waiting for one to come along real cheap to make a hollow mod project out of...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had posted many moons ago with documentation of the tear down and preperation of the soon to be christened Recon. A winter passed (albiet a Florida one), a world cup was played (England nor USA prevailed!) and many interruptions against a would be desired TW rehab (she was worth it) put such dreams aside. Who really needs a working fridge or air conditioner ... well it so seems in FL we do! So we waited and we waited. And then we spent too much and now we shall wait some more. Do not fret or fray for she will be resurrected to a finer glory. Donations welcome. JK ... stayed tuned fellow Tdub-icts! Just a matter of time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts