TW200 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a full 8 foot bed pick up truck. Is there anything wrong or dangerous about just laying a TW over on its side in the truck bed ( with some protection for the down side ) rather than upright on the wheels and tied off like I see most people do ? It seems like it would be more stable as long as I tie it off fore and aft in case of a fast stop/start.
I don't advice laying the bike on it's side unless you're going to remove the fluids. They'll leak for certain, and you'll probably flood your carb. Standing it upright with straps is really stable, especially since you have an 8' bed, and can definitely close your tailgate as well. You'll need a ramp, but otherwise it's pretty easy. Also consider a tail hitch carries—I am considering trading my ramp for a hitch carrier myself. We'll see. Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have two trucks, one with an 8' bed and one with a 5.5' bed. In both, I jam it into the left front corner and swing the back tire against the right side wheel well. I put two straps on from and strap the rear tire up against the wheel well. Never moves. If I had a block or something to hold the front wheel still, I would load it straight in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone put the tw in a carravan? I do this with my trials bike and thought it mightvwork with a tw. I fold the seats down and use the latches at tie down points.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts