TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All kidding aside, Mrs Trip and I were honored to receive the Traveling Lizard Award when we visited the Admiralty....aka Kris and Laurie in Idaho....

… and once again when we made it to The 3rd Annual Russ Austin Ride in Santa Margarita!

And while the trophy sure has brightened up the décor here at Casa Trip...

The time has come for us to reluctantly pass the trophy along to a new recipient.....

Drumroll, please....
It was a tough decision to decide who the next custodian of the award should be. There are a lot of worthy candidates...
But... it's with great pleasure that we're passing it along to Dryden T-Dub. Tom has been an upstanding member of the forum for quite a while now. He's always been a positive voice and he's always been a great guy to have around. I hope to meet him someday.
But since Mrs Trip and I can't make it out to Dryden, NY to present the award in person, I've made arrangements for a guest presenter to come to Tom's house tomorrow and deliver the trophy to him!

Tom, I hope that Mrs T-Dub and all the little T-Dubbers are suitably impressed with your achievement!
Congratulations!
The Rhode Trips

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
WOW! With that type of delivery i'd be glad to get an empty box!

Congrats are in order!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh. Did I neglect to mention that UPS wouldn't let me pick WHICH driver would bring it? :(

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
So here is how I see this honor. Cliche as it may be I AM NOT deserving of this trophy. Although I would love to travel the country meeting all of you wonderful forum members I am still too saddled with a very demanding job and a relatively young boy to raise. This award should be for TW trailblazers not a keyboard warrior like myself.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, I am TRULY honored to think that the Trips found me to be worthy. When they first PM'd me I was soooooo hoping that they were headed this way and wanted to meet up and maybe sneak a ride in together. That would have been perfect!!! Someday maybe I can entice them to head this way for a ride and some fabulous Cayuga Creamery ice cream. That stuff is to die for!

Thank you also to all of you who have lied and said I deserved this! You will be punished accordingly:grin:

So I waited all day for this.....

Wow.jpg

She never showed. Instead this guy showed up in an Uber?

ups2.jpg

I declined his "PACKAGE" and returned it to sender. A half hour later there was a backup alarm on a large truck coming down my driveway. I raced outside to see if this was finally my gorgeous delivery woman and must have said something disrespectful because the driver threw the package at me and sped off after me getting a quick picture of him.

UPS.jpg

Anyway here is the package as it arrived.

20180622_205441.jpg

I tore into the package and found the AWESOME trophy and not ONE but TWO sweet TW pins!

20180622_203137.jpg

I simply can not thank the Trips enough for their generosity and swear to move this trophy along to another more deserving member soon.

Thanks all.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
So here is how I see this honor. Cliche as it may be I AM NOT deserving of this trophy. Although I would love to travel the country meeting all of you wonderful forum members I am still too saddled with a very demanding job and a relatively young boy to raise. This award should be for TW trailblazers not a keyboard warrior like myself.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, I am TRULY honored to think that the Trips found me to be worthy. When they first PM'd me I was soooooo hoping that they were headed this way and wanted to meet up and maybe sneak a ride in together. That would have been perfect!!! Someday maybe I can entice them to head this way for a ride and some fabulous Cayuga Creamery ice cream. That stuff is to die for!

Thank you also to all of you who have lied and said I deserved this! You will be punished accordingly:grin:

So I waited all day for this.....

View attachment 180562

She never showed. Instead this guy showed up in an Uber?

View attachment 180564

I declined his "PACKAGE" and returned it to sender. A half hour later there was a backup alarm on a large truck coming down my driveway. I raced outside to see if this was finally my gorgeous delivery woman and must have said something disrespectful because the driver threw the package at me and sped off after me getting a quick picture of him.

View attachment 180566

Anyway here is the package as it arrived.

View attachment 180568

I tore into the package and found the AWESOME trophy and not ONE but TWO sweet TW pins!

View attachment 180570

I simply can not thank the trips enough for their generosity and swear to move this trophy along to another more deserving member soon.

Thanks all.

Tom

Great post! Congratulations again. :)

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Tom, you are worthy even if your attachments are invalid.
Damn it! I can see them and I posted them like I always have directly from my computer. My post sucks without the pictures! :mad:

Tom

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Can everybody see them now?

Tom
Yes, much better!

Congratulations Tom,

You are just being humble, as I am sure that you have done numerous things to well deserve this dubious (oops, I mean distinguished) award. I can assure you that there a lot of us out here on the west coast that are very happy to finally see this trophy safely ensconced well east of the Mississippi river.

I have to admit that I was more than a little bit surprised to note that you, of all people, have chosen(?) to display the rider on this trophy as decidedly leaning to the left. I believe that for all previous recipients he was right leaning?!?!?!

Enjoy the fleeting time that you have with this prestigious honor, and good luck getting rid of it!

Brian

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Yes, much better!

Congratulations Tom,

You are just being humble, as I am sure that you have done numerous things to well deserve this dubious (oops, I mean distinguished) award. I can assure you that there a lot of us out here on the west coast that are very happy to finally see this trophy safely ensconced well east of the Mississippi river.

I have to admit that I was more than a little bit surprised to note that you, of all people, have chosen(?) to display the rider on this trophy as decidedly leaning to the left. I believe that for all previous recipients he was right leaning?!?!?!

Enjoy the fleeting time that you have with this prestigious honor, and good luck getting rid of it!

Brian

People can change. I haven't. Just saying that some people can :D First rule of combat. Never turn your back to your adversaries!

Tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts