TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and new to a TW in general. I've been eyeing one for the past few years and finally pulled the trigger on a 2011 that I found locally. I love the bike so far but the only problem that I have experienced with it is the trip odometer does not function correctly. The tenth-mile portion of it tracks and turns however it refuses to turn over to any "full mile" and above. I have prowled the internet hoping that there was an easy fix but no luck. Is there anything that you all would recommend that I do? For now I am making note of the standard odometer reading to know when I need to be looking for gas but the more I ride, the more I am afraid that I will forget where I was! LOL

Thanks for all the help in advance!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hello all,

Is there anything that you all would recommend that I do? For now I am making note of the standard odometer reading to know when I need to be looking for gas but the more I ride, the more I am afraid that I will forget where I was! LOL

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Can't help with the trip meter but I have gone 30 miles several times after switching to reserve. I also carry a quart of fuel in a tool tube and a 20 oz aerosol tire inflator - sealer in another, to get closer to help if needed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help guys! Yeah, SportsterDoc I think you are right about the little paw in there for single miles not engaging, I may have to rip it apart and see if it can be fixed when I get a chance. I may even tack on one of the Trail Tech Vapor head units and see how that goes.

Shag, I have been looking into throwing a rotopax onto the rear rack or mounting one of the small MSR bottles below the lip of the rack just to have that extra fuel if I need it...you never know!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts