TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a beginning list of mods I've done to the the 56. I initially bought this as a cast off project from someone else. 3 enclosed car trailers, and two pickup loads of parts later....->

Body: Former Eastern Wa orchard truck

All seams filled Cowl/side vent filled

One piece tinted door glass (not film) Smoothed doors

Relocated fuel fill and tank Fabbed inner fenderwells

Rolled pans Smooth tailgate

Rounded stake pockets Hidden rear fenderbolts

Mini tubbed Forward tilt hood

Running brds smoothed / extended to cab also reshaped to fit the fenders.

Oak and stainless bed

PPG base/clear Flames and striping by Donn Trethewey

Engine / Chassis

454/425hp GM crate engine Roller rockers

HEI ign Billets brackets and pulleys

Holley Avenger 750 Ceramic headers

Nova clip (Bob Throndsen) 9” ford

Ladder bars Front disc/rear drums

17/16 Torque Thrust II’s Remote oil and trans filters/coolers

Griffin alum radiator/dual fans/custom shroud Power steering and brakes

Interior

Custom all leather interior (Bob Ketchum) One piece headliner

Power windows Vintage air/heat

Pioneer / IPOD ready with remote 2 300 watt Alpine amps & crossovers

Boston Acoustics mids/tweets Leather wrapped wheel

Dakota digital gauges

This shot gives you a little better idea of the flame colors. Have never been able to get true colors on the pics but this is close

Chevy guys, read the small print.... Ford guys, ohhhh....there's nuthin to see here.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sooo fine! You've done a beautiful job! The '56 is my favorite year for early Ford pickups. My best friend in high school had one with a 390 and stacks. We had a lot of fun in it. In my younger days I had a '71 Chevelle SS with the LS-5 454, so I love the big blocks, too. I wish I had never sold it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
That's beautiful, so nice and clean and the empty clean dash and engine compartment looks like half the parts are missing. But that's all you need. Do you drive it much or don't want to get it dirty? Must get a lot of thumbs up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's beautiful, so nice and clean and the empty clean dash and engine compartment looks like half the parts are missing. But that's all you need. Do you drive it much or don't want to get it dirty? Must get a lot of thumbs up.

Thanks guys. Try not to intentionally take it out in bad weather, but its been caught in the rain a few times, heck even snow once. It does tend to draw a little of attention. Best comment I've had was from my grand daughter (10) "Papa, even if you WANTED to pick your nose when we're in the truck you couldnt...... cuz someones always staring at you!!"

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Way2nuts ever since I was a kid I loved that style of Ford truck.

Heres my 52 Courier, it's rough and slow going, but it's got a good home. I have the grill and hood removed and ready to pull the old engine and drop in a rebulit period correct 6 cyl and 3 speed.

This is when I found it about a year ago

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics and details.. I'm in love with your truck

Have a 70 mach1 that is going to get a resto-mod "some day" and a 57 studebaker trans-star pickup that needs to turn into something like your ford.

Keep up the good work! With a ride like that I can't wait to see some of your other toys/projects

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Way2nuts ever since I was a kid I loved that style of Ford truck.

Heres my 52 Courier, it's rough and slow going, but it's got a good home. I have the grill and hood removed and ready to pull the old engine and drop in a rebulit period correct 6 cyl and 3 speed.

This is when I found it about a year ago

Junk munk.... Wow! Your Courier takes me back. The first rod I ever built was a 52 2 door RanchWagon. 428 SCJ with a C6. Trivia for you. Have you ever noticed on all of the unrestored 52-54 Ford passenger cars, the right hand piece of the grille is always tarnished/rusted more that the left? They had two different suppliers...one for the left and a different one for the right.

I'll have to go dig out some pics of it...may take a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a link to some of our stuff. Some cold winter day I need to scan some of the older projects. These are the last 10 years or so.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/way2nutz/

Different phases of the 56 F100. Still have this one.

Black 46' Ford coupe is my sons. Nothing newer than 1962 on it. (other than tires, belts, etc...) Has a mildly built 53 Merc flathead with a 39 toploader trans. Dropped axle, rearched springs...there's a before pic in there of it too. JUST SOLD

Yellow 30 model A is my wifes. 330hp 350Chev crate engine, turbo 350 glass body. SOLD

Red 23 T bucket was a quicky build cuz I was bored. SOLD

Green 23 T bucket, blown 392 Hemi, alum heads, dyno'd at 879hp 742 tq. Brothers car. FOR SALE

Yellow and Red pickle fork boat: 87'Cheyenne 19' with a 468 bigblock Chev. SOLD (too scary)

03 Gray Corvette convertible, wifes. Still have this one

64' Harley FLH. The only rig I've restored to bone stock nothing altered. Boooring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts