·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You L.A. types may recognize that as the eastbound Interstate 10 at roughly the Barranca Ave. offramp, the exact point where everyone is trying to build speed for Kellogg Hill.

Regardless of how you feel about such things, it took some 'nads. On any given day that could just as easily have resulted in about 400 little piles of grease and plastic and no one would have even looked back.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I guess those hipster bicyclists aren't the only ones doing the "Critical Mass" thing!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I predict there will be at least 3 copycat proposals within the next week. The California legislature will call a special emergency session to deal with this "growing global issue" and pass 27 new laws aimed at curtailing it. They will appoint a special committee of folks who've never even owned a minibike to make the determination as to whether society really "needs" sportbikes. With luck they'll grudgingly determine that TW's and anything under 250cc's are ok for private ownership for "sporting purposes" Anything larger will wisely be reserved solely for use by trained military and law enforcement personel.

By next week the novelty will have worn off, the copycats will have ceased and we'll be left with 27 new laws and a moped.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I predict there will be at least 3 copycat proposals within the next week. The California legislature will call a special emergency session to deal with this "growing global issue" and pass 27 new laws aimed at curtailing it. They will appoint a special committee of folks who've never even owned a minibike to make the determination as to whether society really "needs" sportbikes. With luck they'll grudgingly determine that TW's and anything under 250cc's are ok for private ownership for "sporting purposes" Anything larger will wisely be reserved solely for use by trained military and law enforcement personel.

By next week the novelty will have worn off, the copycats will have ceased and we'll be left with 27 new laws and a moped.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Lol funny comment there Lizrd (but practically true...which is what makes it funny in a sick way lol). As for the video/proposal...I must say I don't think that ever in my life have I been more NEUTRAL with regard to my feelings or stance on a matter. I just can't decide what I really think about this one ;D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That whole spew is identical with what they are trying to with guns right now. Of course in the name of our own safety!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shinko Smoke Bomb tires. Come in several colors for burnout competitions.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought an R6 that was in excellent shape but had those idiotic tires on it, or I'd never known.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I understand wanting to do something "special" for the event but this definitely was not safe! Sweet... but unsafe. They could have just as easily done this on the overpass that they ended up on anyway. Being a "biker" myself I feel no shame in saying I wish a crazy old lady would have just plowed through the whole lot of em and claimed senility. Lol
Happy for them though...

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That there wuz funny. Spewed coffee out my nose on that.. lol.

Pinky will be on that like white on rice.

The proposal saga has gained real traction newswise with interviews of the couple, legal experts, etc. last night.

We've already had a couple of similar incidents involving wannabee "Fast and Furious" types in street cars blocking freeways. These folks may become a test case. L.A.D.A. is weighing whether or not to press charges, etc. My guess is they're watching YouTube so they can round up the entire bunch in one swell foop.

They estimate somewhere near 400 riders were involved. Nowadays that almost guarantees riders, 399 GoPros and 399 YouTube accounts. Every stunt and vehicle code violation documented multiple times by their own and splattered all over the internet.

Really wish they'd thought it through. Done only slightly differently only 15% of the public would hate them rather than 50%.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts