1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
209 Posts
On the surface it sounds great, and for law abiding citizens like you and me, it is. BUT, let's not be naive...
If it's restricted to shooting ranges, I'm good with that, but not in the field. You shoot so little at game, you don't need a suppressor.
I travel the national forest roads a lot and it would amaze you how often I pass minivans full of mung's and, well, others, seemingly enjoining the great outdoors. I have CAL-TIP on speed dial. You have no idea how invasive these poachers have become... ok, I'm done...

·
Registered
637 Posts
On the surface it sounds great, and for law abiding citizens like you and me, it is. BUT, let's not be naive...
If it's restricted to shooting ranges, I'm good with that, but not in the field. You shoot so little at game, you don't need a suppressor.
I travel the national forest roads a lot and it would amaze you how often I pass minivans full of mung's and, well, others, seemingly enjoining the great outdoors. I have CAL-TIP on speed dial. You have no idea how invasive these poachers have become... ok, I'm done...
In Europe suppressors are encouraged for hunting use. Europe! Here in CO, use of a suppressor is legal for hunting. It's very useful. 1) Because it allows you to use lower class ear pro to generally hear better before the shot. 2) Because there might be another hunter nearby and your shot could spook his animal. 3) It's better recoil management and allows a quicker shot if one needs to go off. 4) etc.

I have one .30 cal suppressor which I use on all my rifles including a .22LR, and the only reason I don't have a dedicated .22LR is cus I don't feel like waiting for another 9 months to be approved for a muffler. What you're saying is we need to restrict the actions of law abiding people to deal with law breakers. Think about how California-esque (read: self-nullifying) that is for like... 4 minutes.

Your state already bans suppressors for all but the ubermenschen (and is about to ban ammo sales without a background check, etc.).

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kali has programmed their citizenry well Heil Hitlary :(

I'm sure the sierra club will force them upon hunters to protect the snail farter

how many poachers can afford a can anyway and do you think any poacher ever has been stopped for lack of a suppressor?

the HRC ( Hitlery Rotten Criminal ) gang is going to have a tough 8 years ahead lmfao

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I guess what I call poaching, you call " camp meat "...!
Why do you "guess" that?
Camp meat is legally taken, tagged and processed onsite for camp use. Poaching is the illegal taking of game by any means. How are they even remotely conflated? Furthermore, if I may, suppressors while effective at reducing rifle or pistol report do not magically eliminate it. People who truly poach game have far quieter and just as deadly weapons such as crossbows or subsonic .22 ammo. Standard ammo is virtually all supersonic and thus even while suppressed has a louder report than a standard .22 round.

Tom

·
Registered
637 Posts
Why do you "guess" that?
Camp meat is legally taken, tagged and processed onsite for camp use. Poaching is the illegal taking of game by any means. How are they even remotely conflated? Furthermore, if I may, suppressors while effective at reducing rifle or pistol report do not magically eliminate it. People who truly poach game have far quieter and just as deadly weapons such as crossbows or subsonic .22 ammo. Standard ammo is virtually all supersonic and thus even while suppressed has a louder report than a standard .22 round.

Tom
Very true. I still have to wear ear protection with my cans on everything but the .22LR. Even the .223 AR produces quite the report with the can -- I would not shoot it without hearing protection. It's about as quiet as my great grandmother's "whisper" in public where she would "surreptitiously", to everyone's horror, inform of us the fat lady 10 feet away.

A lot of people have no experience with suppressors and think it's some magical "silencer". It's simply a muffler like on a motorcycle or car -- it lowers the sound from instant major irreversible hearing damage but by no means eliminates it. I suppose if the .gov forced everyone to go without mufflers on their vehicles for 4 generations unless one paid a "tax" (which was effectively a ban, considering the $200 tax has not been raised since that law was passed in the 1930's), the idea of having a muffler would be met with accusations of trying to more easily run from the cops, prowl around neighborhoods at night for robbery purposes, etc. As it stands, mufflers are encouraged and/or the legal requirement and so anyone with straight pipes on a bike, or a super loud offroading vehicle, is simply the bad guy for being a noise nuisance.

Maybe we could engineer a woo-woo barrel and just go whole hog. lol

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just started looking into sups this past year when I moved to a 2nd amendment friendly state (no NOT Kali lol) as I never realized they are actually legal back in my home state of WA

The available technology is astounding and once you shoot suppressed I can't imagine ever going back

All my home defense guns will be suppressed everything but my concealed carry and cc back up

My favorite was the Salvo for the shotgun that is an amazing piece of engineering

All around much safer to shoot suppressed you would think the HRC clan would be right on board with it but remember they are 100% emotionally based they cannot think critically with their programming and emotions in their way

Hollywood would have them believe the only real use of a suppressor is a mob hit man

and btw mob hit man or "poacher" will have a suppressor if they want one legal or not they dont care if hitlery says it's ok

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Hell a lot of "Snowflakes" have been seen Melting in and around DC and Liberal Camps everywhere...:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts