1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some people can't understand plain English: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON. This seems plenty simple to understand, but there are those who can't figure it out.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Some people can't understand plain English: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON. This seems plenty simple to understand, but there are those who can't figure it out.
Some people seem to believe that if you don't conform to their ideals then they didn't explain it to you properly. They don't seem to be infringing on the 2nd amendment but they are sure infringing all around it! Makes me want to go shoot my guns. Dirts a Flyen. Just due

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Without gun rights, there would be no freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, right to elect our own representitives, freedom from unlawful arrest,
or any of the freedoms we have had for 230 years or so.
Gun rights have nothing to do with hunting or target shooting. The founding fathers enacted gun rights to defend against totalitarian government takeover.
Remember in England the great charter that gave Englishmen rights was enacted at the points of swords and spears because tyrants do not grant any rights
voluntarily. Remembering this is why the founding fathers had the wisdom to include gun rights in our constitution.
What they forgot to add, is a clause that would MANDATE hanging for ANY attempt to infringe upon those rights.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm not so sure I like the idea as Trump as our next president. I don't think he will be still be viable at the time of the National caucus. I think that anyone in the race for the Republican nomination is better than what the other side has to offer. Most of all politicians I believe are crooks or are quickly turned to crooks once elected. It's still early yet and as of today Trump is falling behind and Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina are advancing. This tide will ed and flow up until the caucus.

That being said I would like to place a quote here....

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...."

Three interweb medallions and ten bonus points and a pint of ale for the first person that can tell from where this came.

It simply means that rights are not granted by government. That last clause says it all, these rights are endowed upon us by our creator and are unalienable. The government grants us nothing. The Second Amendment grants us nothing, not one, not any, of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights grants us anything. These Amendments merely enumerate and codify those rights that are bestowed to us from a higher source, a higher authority, than ANY government or person on the face of this Earth.

Learn this now and never forget it.

These rights.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...."

Three interweb medallions and ten bonus points and a pint of ale for the first person that can tell from where this came.

It simply means that rights are not granted by government. That last clause says it all, these rights are endowed upon us by our creator and are unalienable. The government grants us nothing. The Second Amendment grants us nothing, not one, not any, of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights grants us anything. These Amendments merely enumerate and codify those rights that are bestowed to us from a higher source, a higher authority, than ANY government or person on the face of this Earth.

These rights.
Absolutely right. Here's an article about that subject that I read several years ago. Good article, like most this guy wrote:

We don?t need no steenking 2nd Amendment by John Silveira

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
It was just a pellet gun, an air rifle, it used no powder. It could only kill deer sized animals, like men.
It only pissed off a bear when they shot one with it.
It did impress indians though, because it was a repeater and the indians were not allowed to know how many shots it held or how many of these rifles the party had.
Oh, and no smoke to give away the position of the shooter. For fighting it was completely superior to any musket of the day, more accurate too.

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I'm not so sure I like the idea as Trump as our next president. I don't think he will be still be viable at the time of the National caucus. I think that anyone in the race for the Republican nomination is better than what the other side has to offer. Most of all politicians I believe are crooks or are quickly turned to crooks once elected. It's still early yet and as of today Trump is falling behind and Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina are advancing. This tide will ed and flow up until the caucus.

That being said I would like to place a quote here....

These rights.
Don't take the bait and switch from this media circus. They are just hammering away at Trump and bolstering both Carson and Fiorina. Hillary would rather run against Fiorina knowing how badly Boxer whooped her rear. Carson is not a very good debater because he is not quick enough on the come back. The one Hillary does not want to be up against is Trump and the media will be doing their best to take him out for her. You need to look at the whole picture and not just the one being portrayed today in the news.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm not taking any bait. I'm just not sure of Trump, or the idea of him being our president. He has made some pretty off color statements and it seems as though he can't control his mind to mouth connection. He needs a handler but has too big an ego to realize he needs one. I guess most of it is I just have a gut feeling that he is just not electable. Also it doesn't have much to do with what the media portrays or how they present themselves in the debates. Even the Republican Party seems to be against him.

.... And you are right, not only is Carson not a very good debater it seems to me that over the last year he has struggled to define himself. He has come out on a couple of issues on the wrong side for me and then changed his position, gun control being one. Also he seems too meek and mealy, just doesn't have that command presence. I like his ideas and principles, (as they stand at this minute) but I just don't think he has the presence to win in the general election.

As far as Fiorina not doing well against Ba Ba Boxer, remember we're talking about a conservative Republican running against a liberal Democrat in California. That she had any support at all is amazing.

Of all the current candidates I would like to see anyone of the three Washington outsiders, Trump, Carson and/or Fiorina, prevail. I also think that Rand Paul (my real first choice) and Marco Rubio would be acceptable. But we have to think of who is really electable as the counter to the Democrats. Remember, there is a lot of low/no information voters out there. That Obama got elect not once, but twice, should give you and indication. There is also that ever present and most powerful fifth branch of our government, The Main Stream Media. They take any candidate that is just right of center and attempt to shred them.

Like I said we have a ways to go to the primary's. Rarely has the person who is the front runner this early on gone on to finish first when the day comes.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Even the Republican Party seems to be against him.
The Republican Party is against anyone who might shake up the status quo. I fully expect they will lose yet again, and for the same reasons as the last two times.
I almost wonder if they don't lose intentionally.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe the vote is manipulated...I also believe hillary clinton will be the next president...I do not think there is a thing we can do about it.
I agree that the vote is manipulated, and that there is nothing we can do about it. But I don't believe Hillary will ever be president. The Democratic Party likes to use her to get everybody wound up (on both sides), but then they always do something to take her out of the race. Kind of like a bait and switch. That's because she is a loose cannon; they can neither control nor even predict what she will do, and they know it. I just hope Biden isn't who they plan to support at the last minute. I suspect he is, though. He is far more dangerous than anyone seems to give him "credit" for.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sometimes it's helpful to try and analyze what is not being said about "THE TRUMP". No one has accused him of unfair business practices, or sex scandals. You think someone would come forward with some sort of skeletons in the closet. I think the people are feed up with the BS from our elected life time politicians, and may elect Trump. He has made more sense then the rest of the "pack". Trump has sure got the GOP to start squirming, reminds me of cockroaches when you suddenly turn on the lights. Not that I have cockroaches in my house nor will I vote for them. Dirts a Flyen just due:D

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
"I'm not taking any bait. I'm just not sure of Trump, or the idea of him being our president. He has made some pretty off color statements and it seems as though he can't control his mind to mouth connection".

I don't agree! Trump talks like a man who is a bit unpolished but he talks like many of the guys and gals I prefer to be around. Speaks what is on his mind and acts like his name is Chuck who don't give a F. I think we need someone like this to deal with the likes of Putin, Komeni and all the other middle east and Asian A holes we need to deal with. This world today is no place for nice guy leaders. Fear brings respect when you consider all these third world thugs who hate our guts. The Muslims will never in your life respect a woman and with them diplomacy is a weakness. Trump will tell them to go shit in their Turbans and then start selling Trump Turbans.

When you look around at what is happening in this world it is pretty clear to me that we must be the super power we once were. What is going on in this country pales in comparison to what the rest of the world thinks about us. They are banding together, China, Russia, North Korea, North Africa, South America and many in the Middle East and sighting in their guns at us. The last thing we need is a Melba Milk Toast President or any more military cuts. The unrest throughout this world will come here to roost because we hold all the keys to the financial markets. No money, food, products or support from the USA and many of them go into a tail spin real quick. The top dog is always a target and that is us and it also happens to be Donald Trump at the moment. If or when some other candidate moves ahead then the sights will be re trained on who ever is in the lead. There is no such thing as Patriotism within the ranks of the American Media. Follow the money and it is easy to see why.

GaryL

·
Registered
657 Posts
Trump is a very good business man and good business men don't lose their cool when doing business. I believe in watching what a person does and not so much what they say. I'm saying every politician that has been in office for the last twenty years should be ashamed of them selves for not getting the job done. Because they have failed at their jobs the private sector is stepping up to do the job. Trump wouldn't even be running if the politicians were doing their jobs in the first place! Dirts a Flyen. Just due:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
I agree that the vote is manipulated, and that there is nothing we can do about it. But I don't believe Hillary will ever be president. The Democratic Party likes to use her to get everybody wound up (on both sides), but then they always do something to take her out of the race. Kind of like a bait and switch. That's because she is a loose cannon; they can neither control nor even predict what she will do, and they know it. I just hope Biden isn't who they plan to support at the last minute. I suspect he is, though. He is far more dangerous than anyone seems to give him "credit" for.
Man I do hope you are right...she has let the beast show a time or two....I am just....underwhelmed by the whole lot...and I do not see any of those people, (that have never had to work) EVER do me any good. Regular people need to be there...for their term then gtf home.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
"

I don't agree! Trump talks like a man who is a bit unpolished but he talks like many of the guys and gals I prefer to be around. Speaks what is on his mind and acts like his name is Chuck who don't give a F. I think we need someone like this to deal with the likes of Putin, Komeni and all the other middle east and Asian A holes we need to deal with. This world today is no place for nice guy leaders. Fear brings respect when you consider all these third world thugs who hate our guts. The Muslims will never in your life respect a woman and with them diplomacy is a weakness. Trump will tell them to go shit in their Turbans and then start selling Trump Turbans.

GaryL
I don't disagree with you on this but I'll ask you this, what do you think the chances are of any of your friends, or you, getting elected as President? Look what happened the last two Presidential elections. What seems so simple to me and you is not the way 51% of the people that voted in the last election think.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Take the whole lot of them and make a reality show from it. Put them on an island and present them with challenges etc. you know the drill. Maybe Jeb and Trump could be bunk buddies. Have a contest between the democrats and republicans on who can build a wall. Haha. Add a couple of terriosts and low food budget. The people could vote one contestant off a week. The last person standing is the president. Dirts a Flyen Just due

PS---------it's been a slow time coming but I think I'm embarrassed to be an American. I honestly want to be proud of our country!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts