TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone who could tell me where the TTR230 gets the extra 5cc's over the TTR225. I have a complete TTR225 motor and (excuding carb) a almost complete TW200 motor and want to make a 6 speed, TW230 by combining both motors.

Ronnydog

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Marketing.

Both are 70 x 58, near as I can tell.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Double tap...

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which Yamaha did and they called it a 250. Go figger. It came in the Timberwolf/Beartracker.

Reminds me of the movie "Spinal Tap"..... ""Mine goes to 11."

Hadda be there. Old guy thing by now.

I talked to a factory rep and he said the 5cc is in the higher comp in the 230?

Ronnydog

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I talked to a factory rep and he said the 5cc is in the higher comp in the 230?

Ronnydog

Higher compression would usually mean either LESS chamber volume, thinner gaskets, a domed piston, or a bore increase without changing the chamber volume. Doesn't make a lot of sense that they would increase it, but it would be interesting to know if there is a difference in the heads other than the spigots, since the valves seem to be the same. Practically hugging one another,no?

All I gots is TW heads. I don't know. Normally combustion chamber volume isn't added to the published displacement of a motor, but maybe Yamaha is in fact doing the "Spinal Tap" thing.

For those of you who aren't old enough to get the reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN5SCRvhMtk

Spinal Tap was a spoof film about a fictitious rock and roll band. Some of us old farts actually found this entertaining at the time. Go figger.

·
Registered
614 Posts
So what is the dif in your 230 and the 225 in cc's?
There is no difference, as said before it's a marketing thing.

TTR225 and TTR230 are both 223cc and both 9.5-1 comp. ratio. I think they may have different carbs, if this is a big enough change for Yamaha to consider it a new model I don't know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts