TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
That would be the case for me, since I have 1999 TW 125 which has 4 clutch plates.. 2001+ tw125 and all tw200s and even TW225 has 5 plates.
Motor vehicle Font Automotive design Art Auto part

Perhaps there was misunderstanding. This pic of tw200 clutch shows 5 clutch plates and 4 friction plates. My tw has 4 clutch and 3 friction plates. Xt and ttr 225/230 have 6 clutch plates and 5 friction plates. Some of them had a "half" clutch plate with a "judder spring" ( atleast that is what i think they're called) - it's supposed to lengthen the clutch grab zone on lever.
White Product Motor vehicle Organism Font

Clutch with this feature is what I have in 225 6spd pile of parts waiting to be used. Maybe one day I'll get to testing with and without the spring.

·
Registered
120 Posts
But.....I do have a 2007 Mikuni XT225 that we put on my 98XT225 motor in my 2009 TW. Put on the correct size intake boot for the Mikuni and it squeeeeeeezed in there, very sore fingers but it can be done.
By that carb you mean the BST34 carrb right? TW brian said, it interferes with frame and carb to airbox boot doesn't exactly fit?
XTNG carbs answered my email and they make 34mm carb, I asked for it's dimensions.
I assume your carb is mounted on bike? I'd like measurements of that carb. I'll take a look around the internet.

Reactions: Ski Pro 3

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry, but the bike is in Montana at my buddies place,so can’t get the measurements off it..
Yes the engine is mounted in unmodified 2009 TW200, did use a XT front lower engine to frame mounting bracket because it is beefier than the TW’s , just needed minor reaming on one hole.
It is a Mikuni carb that came off of a 2007 XT225
It is a ‘98 XT225 motor, I know the ‘05, ‘06, ‘07 maybe ‘04? XT motors are a bit different in that they use an unlined cylinder and have larger case openings..not sure if there are other angle differences Or measurements that effects carb fitment?
I believe TW-Brian is running a TTR motor, it sure if that has anything to do with it?
I will let you know when I attempt my TTR225 transplant into ‘13TW.
Oh and just beware for those who don’t know, the1986 to early ‘90’s Serow/XT225’s were 5spds. Sooooo avoid that surprise for a transplant. 😬
Also got this replacement XT/ TTR intake manifold but I don’t think that effected fitment?
No probs, I have a whole year to find it :D
Yes you are right - 01-07 XT225 had nikasil instead of steel insert cylinder, different timing chain, but that's it. nothing here should affect carb fitment. as far as I know TTRs are engine-wise the same as XT225 ( if we are not talking about TTR230, which has taller 1st and 2nd gears - known as narrow ratio gearbox)
Are you sure about the 5spd 225? I have looked at parts diagrams throughout the years ( starting at '86 with TT225 - kick only model) and found none 225 5spd. only 5spd was XT200.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts