TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 and 2011 Tdubs and I will be in Tucson March 10 through March 14. I like challenging rides but may have a beginner on a day or two. I am looking for suggestions on good half day rides around Tucson. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I will be in Ft. Davis TX on the 9th and 10th so if you have any insight on riding areas there...

Thanks in advance for the input!!!:D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Redington Pass has it all, from graded FS roads to moderate Jeep trails to AA expert single track. Here's a map.

For low desert dirt riding, South Wilmot road is a great jumping off point. Head South from Wilmot & Valencia.

South of town the Santa Ritas have miles and miles of riding too. Map.

If you're interested in some paved twisties, the Catalina Highway is breathtaking, and the roads that run through Saguaro Park West are scenic and curvy with lots of good places to stop for photo ops.

I work M-F, but if you'd like a tour guide for some mild-moderate stuff I can see about getting a day off. PM me if you're interested and we'll set it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
around Tucson

Hi, The road is paved from Tucson up Mt. Lemon then you can pick several dirt roads down to Oracle and a few singletracks.
Greaterville is close with lots of dirt and a few singletrack.
Patagonia is close with some neat ridding.
Milo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts