TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure when this started happening but if I'm in a particular forum the soundtrack for a ad video starts playing. Not too much of a problem for me as I just turn the sound off but it is annoying. I couldn't find any parameter in Settings to disable sounds from ads.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Not sure when this started happening but if I'm in a particular forum the soundtrack for a ad video starts playing. Not too much of a problem for me as I just turn the sound off but it is annoying. I couldn't find any parameter in Settings to disable sounds from ads.
That just started happening to me as well over the last couple days. Never before. Not sure why?
Only when I'm on the TW200forum.com.

·
Administrator
412 Posts
If an auto-playing ad is coming through, something has gone wrong on our end. I can track it down, but I need some details.

Your rough geographic location, a screenshot of the ad, and the link that it would take you to. (right click, open link, copy what you find)

Kevin

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can turn off some unwanted stuff in the chrome browser settings.

Three little dots top right, then down to settings,
Then on the left choose extensions then delete or disable unwanted extras.
May or may not help you, most likely you browser is infected with adware.
I can recommend Malware-bytes.
its an ongoing battle for me also.

Best of luck

Dave.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
You can turn off some unwanted stuff in the chrome browser settings.

Three little dots top right, then down to settings,
Then on the left choose extensions then delete or disable unwanted extras.
May or may not help you, most likely you browser is infected with adware.
I can recommend Malware-bytes.
its an ongoing battle for me also.

Best of luck

Dave.
Thanks, I will check that out when I get home.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
No video or pictures. Just audio (music or sales pitch) in the background.
New York City or the 'burbs nearby. Just a ways down the road from Missoula, MT :)

Started happening just a few days ago. I use a MacBook Pro so no Chrome.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just happened to me while I was reading a post. I have AdBlocker so don't see the ads, but I heard a Allstate commercial playing while on the thread.
Super Moderator admitting he uses adblocker? That's a first for me. Imagine ads pay for the bandwidth and such. Whomever controls the advertising should send scathing emails to the ad network(s), it is unacceptable in most site's TOS and someone needs to stand up for the users rather than suggest using adblockers which are truly gangsters who's business model is based on being paid off to be whitelisted. Yes I am in advertising as my fullltime job and part time I am looking for a used TW - it's been the other way around lately :).

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Yep. I don't owe this place anything.
Super Moderator admitting he uses adblocker? That's a first for me. Imagine ads pay for the bandwidth and such. Whomever controls the advertising should send scathing emails to the ad network(s), it is unacceptable in most site's TOS and someone needs to stand up for the users rather than suggest using adblockers which are truly gangsters who's business model is based on being paid off to be whitelisted. Yes I am in advertising as my fullltime job and part time I am looking for a used TW - it's been the other way around lately :).

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
Super Moderator admitting he uses adblocker? That's a first for me. Imagine ads pay for the bandwidth and such. Whomever controls the advertising should send scathing emails to the ad network(s), it is unacceptable in most site's TOS and someone needs to stand up for the users rather than suggest using adblockers which are truly gangsters who's business model is based on being paid off to be whitelisted. Yes I am in advertising as my fullltime job …….
There’s an entire thesis in there somewhere …. :D

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I have experienced this as well. I recently have had the dumb luck to scroll down and find "sponsored links" where the ads were shown, and not just heard. And now I'm getting One Vote ads there.

·
Administrator
412 Posts
If you are able to see the ads that are playing sound, can you provide us with images of the ads as well as the URL from them?
Also please provide us with your GEO location so we can see about removing them.

Richard.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts