TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike started doing this all of a sudden while I was out on a trail. I was able to pop start it and get home, but now the issue persists. Turn the key ON, and nothing has power. Starter won’t work, turn signals, horn, not even the neutral indicator light. Never had this issue and I’ve ridden the bike several separate times today.

Anyone ever encountered this before?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Check all the connections around the starter relay on the right side of the bike. Maybe a connector is loose.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys were right, simple blown fuse. Thank you for indulging my panic.. It was the lower of the two 20A fuses, and I am not exactly sure but I think my new horns may have something to do with it. I have noticed my horn button sticking.. Strange as it’s only a ground, but it’s happened enough times I wonder if there is a correlation. Maybe I should run everything through a relay after all.. Extra 20A fuses added to tool tube.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Even though it's "only a ground"...there is still current running through the switch...to ground.
I doubt that the new horn had anything to do with it, but it's easy enough to see if you can replicate the condition....
If you decide to add a relay, use some #10 or #12 AWG wire for your switched circuit (horn power)...use the existing horn button to turn the relay on.
...and install a new fuse for the new horn(s) circuit.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Did you have to use any load resisters on the LEDs you installed?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even though it's "only a ground"...there is still current running through the switch...to ground.
I doubt that the new horn had anything to do with it, but it's easy enough to see if you can replicate the condition....
If you decide to add a relay, use some #10 or #12 AWG wire for your switched circuit (horn power)...use the existing horn button to turn the relay on.
...and install a new fuse for the new horn(s) circuit.
Yup and I already have everything I need to build a fused relay harness for them. I just decided previously that the stock wiring would be sufficient, but I am not sure anymore.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am confused, What is a diode indicator LED? All LED are diodes it's what the D stands for.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am confused, What is a diode indicator LED? All LED are diodes it's what the D stands for.
My LED turn signals were staying solid instead of flashing, so normally you would install an inline diode to prevent backfeed. I got some LED indicator bulbs that offer the same function, but plug and play.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Are you referring to CANBUS? If so you have load resistors and you're overloading the system by going off of the wattage for the Light Emitting Diode part of the bulb, the extra resistance makes it use the same power has a stock bulb.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts