TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Announcing the FIFTH annual Turtlepalooza!

June 10-12, 2016 Etowah, TN

Sorry this is so late everyone! It's been a zoo at work and I have been competing in regional Trials riding all winter and spring.

We'll be staying at the Red Roof Inn, in Etowah, TN. Group rate is $69.99 plus tax. You are welcome to google up hotels in Etowah if you want something cheaper or nicer, depending on your budget. There are also numerous camping areas nearby. We'll be riding in the Gee Creek Wilderness area, just east of Etowah, if you are looking for campgrounds on Google Maps.

I've got a block of rooms reserved under the name TW200, and the direct phone number to the hotel is 423-781-7459. The hotel should be ready to start taking reservations in the group name of TW200 or in my name, Francois.

The Gee Creek Wilderness area has some great off road riding and there are also a lot of great twisty paved roads in the area.

I know this is short notice, but I guarantee great roads, great riding, and great friendship! Go ahead and reserve a room now !

If you have any questions call me at Dual Sport Touring at 865-995-9505.

See you in Etowah! My room is booked and I will be arriving Friday afternoon.

GapRunr

·
Registered
91 Posts
I will not be able to attend but know of a great motorcycle oriented campground in tellico plains 20 minutes from etowah....Cherohala mountain trails campground ...cmtrails.com...Wayne is an awesome camp host/owner...avid Dual sport rider...micro cabins...tent camping...nice bathrooms...nice lounge.. free continental breakfast...and a motorcycle workshop onsite for guests...I have been going there for years whitewater boating the incredible creeks and rivers this area has to offer... I look forward to riding the many dirt byways next time I go that way...maybe with a couple months notice I can make next Turtlepalooza...have a great time ..safe travels

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Sign me up....you are going to have to babysit the old guy......again. ;)

TW is ready to go.

jb

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Well crud! I'll just be getting up there with only the Harley. Anyhow have a great time and I hope we can still get some riding in.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Well crud! I'll just be getting up there with only the Harley. Anyhow have a great time and I hope we can still get some riding in.
X,

Etowah is pretty near your TN place.

If you like, you can ride my TW and I'll take the DR. Let me know.

jb

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
My wife is going back home to Moldova for 3 weeks.. Its her first time going back and its been about 10 years. This ride is right smack in the middle of it. Im off work and playing babysitter with the boys for 3 weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
My plans may have changed. Roe wants me to ride with you guys!! That said I need advice on setup. Will my 203/204's be good enough or do I need to switch back to the stock tires? Also will I need a better skid plate and will the stock tank hold enough fuel? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Thank You Gaprunr!! A quick phone call to the man himself answered a lot of my questions. Again Thank You!:icon_salut:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
My plans may have changed. Roe wants me to ride with you guys!! That said I need advice on setup. Will my 203/204's be good enough or do I need to switch back to the stock tires? Also will I need a better skid plate and will the stock tank hold enough fuel? Thanks.
Gaprunner will be the one to answer that.

Last year I rode my DR because my TW crapped out on me on the day of the ride, and I didn't have time to fix it.

The DR has mild dual sport tires and was fine....except for two short sections of mud, which I am "skeered" of. :eek:

I believe Longroof uses 203/204 all the time.

X, if you don't want to tote your TW to TN, you are welcome to my TW or the DR. I will ride whichever one you don't.

jb

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Gaprunner will be the one to answer that.

Last year I rode my DR because my TW crapped out on me on the day of the ride, and I didn't have time to fix it.

The DR has mild dual sport tires and was fine....except for two short sections of mud, which I am "skeered" of. :eek:

I believe Longroof uses 203/204 all the time.

X, if you don't want to tote your TW to TN, you are welcome to my TW or the DR. I will ride whichever one you don't.

jb
JB. Thank you so much for the offer but if everything goes right the Dub and I will be there!!!:D

·
Registered
928 Posts
Can you recommend one of the campgrounds? Since I missed the last rally, I may try to do this one.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I've ordered a skid plate and new air filter for the Dub. Now I just need to see if the old MX boots still fit.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Forgot to ask. Will my stock tank be big enough or will I have to carry a siphon hose for when no ones looking?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts