TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a set of Tusk Handlebar Risers for my 2008 Tdub like these: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/53/218/1316/-/25849/Tusk-Handlebar-Riser-Kit/7%2F8+RISERS

The 30mm risers seem to be popular, but has anyone tried the 15mm size? Did they make a difference? Did you have to modify the cables at all for either size?

I'm looking for more room in the cockpit while sitting and a more comfortable reach while standing on the pegs. Don't want to mess with switching out the bars, so risers may be a good solution.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have my stock bars mounted up on a 2" (50.8mm) Powermadd handlebar riser. I had to reroute my cables because I mounted wraparound handguards at the same time, but the stock cables are plenty long enough for my application.

If you're still shopping around for risers, I for one can say that a 2" riser is a fantastic ergonomic improvement and I'm only 5'8".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent feedback. Does anyone have a pic of the Tusk risers installed on a TW200? Just wondering how they look and if they match up with the stock handlebar mounts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Excellent feedback. Does anyone have a pic of the Tusk risers installed on a TW200? Just wondering how they look and if they match up with the stock handlebar mounts.

Will get you a pic tomorrow if no one else chimes in first.

They match fine mechanically but the risers are polished aluminum and the top triple and clamps are painted silver.

If it was a Panigale I might be worried about appearances.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
They are cheap and they work! Ive had the 30mm for about 8,000 miles so far with no problem at all. Even with the tusk handguard everything fits fine with no rerouting of cables.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Here's a pic of the 30mm Tusk risers on my '08 with stock bars. I only rode it a few times before putting taller bars on but it was noticeably easier to ride standing. I cropped it out of a much larger pic so it's a little fuzzy.

I've got a new set of 15mm for 1 1/8" bars too and will be putting both sets in the classifieds soon......$20/pr, free ship, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a pic of the 30mm Tusk risers on my '08 with stock bars. I only rode it a few times before putting taller bars on but it was noticeably easier to ride standing. I cropped it out of a much larger pic so it's a little fuzzy....

Thanks for the pics! The parts look like they match up well. Now to finally decide between the 15mm and 30mm...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Go with the 30s. I bought both when I wanted to go with risers. 15s are barely noticeable, 30s are pretty good. Even higher would probably be better, which is why a lot of dubbers go with the high atv bars or risers or both. Install is a snap, but put a torque wrench on it if you can. Let us know what you decide, and give your review/report.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone 6ft tall use these alone with stock bars? I feel like the stock alone are so short when standing and even a one inch change would be too short. Would the protaper high atv bars alone be enough or would I want risers and new bars? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I am a 6' rider and switched to the ProTaper ATV Hi bars. These bars are a significant improvement but I could still use some more height. Unfortunately the stock carb/brake/clutch control cables are not long enough to work with both risers and higher bars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am a 6' rider and switched to the ProTaper ATV Hi bars. These bars are a significant improvement but I could still use some more height. Unfortunately the stock carb/brake/clutch control cables are not long enough to work with both risers and higher bars.

Thanks Brian, that's what I was afraid of. I don't mind rerouting but I'm not interested in getting all new cables.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts