TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...

Do any of you have any direct knowledge or experience with this "Tusk" product, or with the brand, in general?
It looks well made and the price is right.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have bought several "Tusk" brand tools, T-handle socket/screwdriver, long tire irons, fender mount tool bags and etc. Each has been top quality in my opinion.

Marty

·
Registered
745 Posts
+1 I have never had any issues with any tusk products on any of my bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I upgraded to the IMS Folding Shift Lever from the stock pre-school one so can't speak to the Tusk version. But like others I have a number of Tusk products on my TW and other bikes. All seem to be durable & quality made.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
it looks nicely made, but it also looks like it may stick out a far amount. if it does stick out that would kind of defeat the advantage of the folding end. if you buy one can you do a comparison on the amount it sticks out and the length

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Guys...

Do any of you have any direct knowledge or experience with this "Tusk" product, or with the brand, in general?
It looks well made and the price is right.

Read reviews on Amazon, many complaints of it bending, tip breaking off, finish wear etc. Sounds good for mostly road, not as good for off road. The IMS are real solid shifters for about $10 more

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
i think
Read reviews on Amazon, many complaints of it bending, tip breaking off, finish wear etc. Sounds good for mostly road, not as good for off road. The IMS are real solid shifters for about $10 more
i would like one that bends over one that is solid. easier to change a shift lever than the shaft into the motor

·
Registered
862 Posts
Someone on Amazon made that point of bend vs break....I think the IMS ones will bend also if hit hard, and no complaints of shift tips breaking.. but who knows, although I haven't heard of TW shift shafts bending
Like the look of the Tusk shifter and have several of their other after market stuff, well made

1 - 8 of 8 Posts