TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got into a 2009 TW. Came with a Tusk Rack on the back. I like it. I was searching the interwebs for a storage solution back there instead of just lashing stuff down.
Perusing the aisles of Wally World and came upon an Ozark Trail Waterproof roll top back pack that looked like it would fit the bill. It was about $25.
I wanted a backpack in case I ever have to leave the bike n walk out.
I wanted waterproof for obvious reasons.
I put a 6x8 tarp, waterproof matches, a knife (Mora for those that know), a CO2 inflator (w/a few extra CO2 capsules), a headlamp, a candle, a magnesium stick, and a tire plug kit.
Still have tons of room for food n drink n a jacket etc.
It comes with six straps and buckles down the sides that work PERFECT for those with a Tusk Rack, and probably pretty well for others.
Here it is. My small contribution. Enjoy. Happy trails.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
646 Posts
I like ozark trails stuff, but Earth Paks are pretty beast waterproof solutions as well, they run a lot of discounts and promos all the time (or used to, haven't bought one since COVID started).

That's what I run during the fall/winter season as well, good stuff huntinrod1!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nice find. The way the straps line up with the slots in the rack, looks as if it was designed around the TUSK.

I really, really, really, really, like my TUSK Rack. Thanks @reddave, @tw200nomad, @eastwood ! ! !

I have a Pelican box mounted on mine and as others know, that flip open trunk is the handiest thing ever. That bag would easily strap to the top of the Pelican for additional nice-cessities.

Welcome to the forum, Huntinrod1 !

Marty

·
Registered
20,732 Posts
Odd that the Ozark Trail Spring River pack in camo is a bit over $7 cheaper than the orange equivalent model.
I do like the back pack's potential to haul out some gear should bike leave rider stranded on foot.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Odd that the Ozark Trail Spring River pack in camo is a bit over $7 cheaper than the orange equivalent model.
I do like the back pack's potential to haul out some gear should bike leave rider stranded on foot.
That's why I like them too, I use a regular, small, molle backpack most of the year, in the fall I switch out for the waterproof, and its still got backpack straps.

But Huntinrod1 is right, for that rack, the ozark trails bag straps to it like it was made for it.

You'd have to use additional straps for an EarthPak, which isn't bad for the more open style racks like CycleRack or the OEM Yamaha style racks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts