TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2004 TW200
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale – Tusk tank bags / saddle bags. These were made to go over a motorcycle or ATV gas cap and Velcro to the lower sides. These are new and never used. I bought them with the intention of using them as throw-over-the-seat saddle bags for my Triumph motorcycle. Never happened – I even added Velcro loops to the inside of one of the sets to go around the shocks of the bike and hold the bags in place. I never even tried them other than to see if the mod worked– Why did I buy two sets of the bags? – I don’t know, but I know that I have too much stuff and they need to go. The price is $25 per set, plus shipping USPS. Take your pick the new in the package one or the new, no package with the added Velcro loops.

Attachments

· Registered
2004 TW200
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will they go over the back of the seat? Is the TUSK logo removable? I'm not big on giant logos.
That is how I was going to use them on the Triumph street bike and they would have worked great if I ever used them. The loops I added went around each shock and really held them tight. I actually think the logo looks pretty good and I am the same, I really don't go for logo's much.

When I get a minute I will throw them over my TW seat and take a pic. Never tried them on the TW - Might have to keep one of the sets.

· Registered
248 Posts
That is how I was going to use them on the Triumph street bike and they would have worked great if I ever used them. The loops I added went around each shock and really held them tight. I actually think the logo looks pretty good and I am the same, I really don't go for logo's much.

When I get a minute I will throw them over my TW seat and take a pic. Never tried them on the TW - Might have to keep one of the sets.
Ok, Ill take a look at the pic. Probably figure out a way to stitch a pocket over the logo. Can you also give me the measurements of the bags?

· Registered
2004 TW200
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are pic's of the one set slung over the seat of my TDub. Since there are no shocks to put the added velcro around you would either have to come up with a way you want to attach them or use the velcro strip and stick on piece that is the way the manufacturer expected. The unopened one would be the one you probably want.
They measure approx. 9"x11"x3"
One side has a water bottle pouch and the other side has an extra pocket. A black perm marker would easily hide the Logo. You could also use the seat passenger strap as a mount point to hold them in place.

Attachments

· Registered
248 Posts
Here are pic's of the one set slung over the seat of my TDub. Since there are no shocks to put the added velcro around you would either have to come up with a way you want to attach them or use the velcro strip and stick on piece that is the way the manufacturer expected. The unopened one would be the one you probably want.
They measure approx. 9"x11"x3"
One side has a water bottle pouch and the other side has an extra pocket. A black perm marker would easily hide the Logo. You could also use the seat passenger strap as a mount point to hold them in place.
Hi Black Hills, Yeah I can make those work. So how would you like to proceed with purchase? I am out early tomorrow and not home till late evening. If we can text back and forth I can do it from where I will be. Is there PM on this site? If not, I'm not sure how to get my number to you.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Glad it found a home. @RaggedMountainMan definitely add a heat shield to the muffler if you don't already have one.

· Registered
2004 TW200
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should see a little blue dot in the upper right corner of the page - in your avatar picture. Click on that and you will see a message bar. I sent my phone number.
If you use Firefox you have to clear the Trust feature to be able to get to the messages.

· Registered
2004 TW200
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad it found a home. @RaggedMountainMan definitely add a heat shield to the muffler if you don't already have one.
If a person uses the passager seat strap as a mount point and the bags just a touch more forward, it looks like the side cover will be protecting the bags really well.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tread Motor vehicle

Yet another lesson I insisted on learning the hard way. Hope your luck is better than mine.

That Tusk tank set looks like it was made for that. Nice to see another option.

· Registered
2004 TW200
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RaggedMountain, I did not receive a text?

I have a Triumph Bonneville. I am the Admin on the T-Rat site that I believe you are also a member of.

How the heck did that side plate get so - melted? After a crash and laying on its side?

· Registered
248 Posts
View attachment 232014

Yet another lesson I insisted on learning the hard way. Hope your luck is better than mine.

That Tusk tank set looks like it was made for that. Nice to see another option.
Pretty much made up my mind to make my own heat guard. And I think I'll stitch or rivet on a piece of welders mat to the back of the bag on the exhaust side. Sounds terrible I know but it will look ok when I'm done. If not, I'm used to failing anyway.:)
Could also wrap some turbo wrap around the muffler. We used that stuff extensively on aircraft engines where the exhaust was close to oil or fuel hoses.

· Super Moderator
14,219 Posts
Pretty much made up my mind to make my own heat guard. And I think I'll stitch or rivet on a piece of welders mat to the back of the bag on the exhaust side. Sounds terrible I know but it will look ok when I'm done. If not, I'm used to failing anyway.:)
Could also wrap some turbo wrap around the muffler. We used that stuff extensively on aircraft engines where the exhaust was close to oil or fuel hoses.
Good that you have DIY skills. I use enduro-type saddlebags instead of tank bags but either way I went the way of a ready-made Tusk exhaust shield so I don't end up with melted plastic like Mistervelocity. Good luck with your DIY.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Plant Vehicle

· Registered
248 Posts
Good that you have DIY skills. I use enduro-type saddlebags instead of tank bags but either way I went the way of a ready-made Tusk exhaust shield so I don't end up with melted plastic like Mistervelocity. Good luck with your DIY.
View attachment 232017
I will probably glue a piece of black welding mat to the inside of that plastic skirt. They make an excellent high temp glue for that. Then stitch or rivet a piece to the back of that side saddlebag. Then I think a small tubular frame to hold the bag and to keep it off the plastic.
I think TUSK makes good products but I hate big logos. I refuse to be a traveling billboard. Whenever I buy anything I look for stuff with either no advertisement, small advertisement, or advertisement that can be removed. I'm not in the free advertisement business.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts