TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up Rocky Mountain Atv has 10% off all tusk brand gear with promo code TUSKTENOFF. I just ordered their Tusk T-10 Aluminium 7/8 ATV Sport Bend in Black which pretty much match the pro-taper atv high for $30.00 plus $7.00 shipped but this will get you 10% off that till Feb.28!

Close to half the price of the Pro-tapers on Amazon I can do more mods!

Pro-Taper SE Width Height Pull Back

ATV High Bend 32.00" 6.30" 3.94"

VS.

Tusk T-10 Bend Width Height Pull Back

ATV Sport Model Bend 31.75" 6.25" 3.50"

A nifty link I found for all kinds of bar info... http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php?topic=15620.0;wap2

Also I have a one use 10% off everything coupon code from my order thats good for about 20 more days. If anyone wants it pm me!GONE!

Cheers, Ryan

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice. Even I can afford those.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ordering the handlebars in blue, blue Tusk hand guards, Tusk folding shift lever, and 3 Tusk lightweight tire irons. Can't beat the 10% off, and orders over $100 ship free

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just picked my bars up at the box yesterday! Very nice can't wait to get them on!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mine were delivered but I'm stuck at work. Girlfriend is wanting to go to the movies tonight too so I guess it'll wait till tomorrow

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine were delivered but I'm stuck at work. Girlfriend is wanting to go to the movies tonight too so I guess it'll wait till tomorrow

Those women! They just don't understand just how much we truly love them!!!!!..... (the bikes)!haha I hear these bars are just as tough as the pro taper!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a toasty +3C (37F) here today so I figured the garage is warm enough to get my new bars on and share some pics!

Before

During

After

The ergos feels alot better than stock (I'm 5'11") especially standing! Can't wait to try tham with a ride but the rain/snow mix out today.

Ryan

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looks great.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't recommend them for off roading. They bend much too easily.

I've heard differently, Saw a huge wipeout on a kx250 on the internet and the bars were fine. They are a lot more sturdy than stock bars. And for $30 i think its worth it for the added height. Did you eat it pretty bad?!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've heard differently, Saw a huge wipeout on a kx250 on the internet and the bars were fine. They are a lot more sturdy than stock bars. And for $30 i think its worth it for the added height. Did you eat it pretty bad?!

I went down kind of hard, but I wasn't going very fast. It was literally the first time I had even ridden with them. I called RMATV and talked to one of their salespeople. He wasn't surprised, he said he had heard of people bending the Tusk bars from their bikes tipping over in the garage. I returned them for partial credit. So I ordered some Pro Taper SE's. I've dropped many times since then and they haven't come to bending. I'm not trying to discredit RMATV or their tusk brand. I have had multiple sets of their hand guards, which work great and haven't ever come close to bending.

YMMV

1 - 15 of 15 Posts