TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '14 with 2400 miles on it (bought it new). I was wondering if and when I should consider a valve adjustment? I DON'T hear any clicking, which I usually associate with values. Is there a general rule as to how often (miles), a TUU needs a value adjustment? I tend to err on the side... if it ain't broke, don't screw with it. Just want to make sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
After the first 500.. Mine didn't require an adjustment..Then every 5,000..... I find the harder you rev. them the more out they become....OMM.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I DON'T hear any clicking, which I usually associate with values. I tend to err on the side... if it ain't broke, don't screw with it. Just want to make sure.

Thanks

Explorer, I've adjusted mine a few times now and at least once, maybe twice I had a tight valve! So I would vote to check them sooner rather than later. Just be sure your Tdub is completely cold, as in overnight. ;)

best regards and God Bless

MAC

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great question explorer; *I have a 14 as well w/ 2000 miles and have adjusted the valves twice, the first time totally by the numbers & marks. Sounded like an old underwood Typewriter. My question , since the exhaust valve is closed for about 270 deg, why is it so important to hit the exact mark, *I mean, is it " more closed " at that exact mark? I think not. I have no desire to do any damage to my engine, but I don't think I need to be so top-dead-anal when my feeler gauge reads the same through most of the closed rotation. Please, if I'm missing something let me know....

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi Explorer: Give it a check, according to the manual sooner than you have, but after the first check(adjustment) you should be ready to ride for a serious bit of time without worrying. Oh, and by the way, how's the exploring going.? I like the fact that you actually ride it regularly. While I have a bit over 3K on mine, and not more given my other bikes, I think you know that you don't have to baby it. Ride it and enjoy and take care in the outback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts