TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new to owning a tw and like a true engineer I stripped and rebuilt it, I've hollow mod'd the bike and used a short exhaust tucked in by the rear suspension, I'm looking to upgrade the engine to a 200 but I'm in the uk and the blocks are like hens teeth. I was contemplating importing a cylinder and piston head from the US (eBay) but need to know what else is needed to make the 125 engine a 200, I know the gear ratios will be different ect but I'll compensate by using a 42 T rear sproket, any advice please?

·
Super Moderator
17,935 Posts
Hi all I'm new to owning a tw and like a true engineer I stripped and rebuilt it, I've hollow mod'd the bike and used a short exhaust tucked in by the rear suspension, I'm looking to upgrade the engine to a 200 but I'm in the uk and the blocks are like hens teeth. I was contemplating importing a cylinder and piston head from the US (eBay) but need to know what else is needed to make the 125 engine a 200, I know the gear ratios will be different ect but I'll compensate by using a 42 T rear sproket, any advice please?
Welcome to the forum!! :D There is a member over on your side of the pond who is an expert with all things TW. He is an excellent mechanic and has a TW website as well. If you buy from him, it should be cheaper than having things shipped from the U.S.

Here is a link with some info and his website is in here as well. His name is Sebastian and he is very helpful. You could send him a personal message as well.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/tw200-classifieds/17126-tw-parts-com-performance-spare-parts-tw125-tw200-tw225.html

Keep us posted on how it goes and again, welcome!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'll find and message him, he might know where to get an entire block(easier swap ��) I can't believe these big wheelers arnt more popular!! I live right near beaches so my first port of call will be the sand, the bikes nearly road worthy then I can start hammering the Cornish countryside image.jpg

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi, hello and welcome,
here is "Mr. TW-Parts.com" :D

Your 125 looks like a DE05, right?
Which front tire do you use?

A engine upgrade to 200 cc or more isn't a big deal (when I do it).
I have the most needed parts on stock, but 233 cc and not for 200 cc.

Yes, it's easier to swap the engines, but to put in a used engine without checking parts/specs is a high risk.
To buy complete engines and to ship it to Europe is quite expensive.
I prefer to upgrade your engine. At first it looks expensive, but you'll get a nearly new engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much for the 233 upgrade in total? I'm not sure lol I saw a tw and jumped on it, it came with a square headlight plastics ect (open to offers on all the bits taken off) I was gona keep them invade of a resell but I think I'll just keep the bike cos I love it, I use a Chen shin tire it's got great dry and damp road grip bit is ment for tubeless

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
On this site you can see all needed and recommended parts.
Google Translate - TW-Parts.com (Engine conversion from 125 cc to 233 cc)

Later I will change the design of this site a bit, to get a better overview.

PS: Yes, it has the VIN code DE05
-> Round head light
-> CV-carb
-> rear drum isn't bolted on the hub.

This is important, when you need a new clutch and chain kit.

·
Super Moderator
17,935 Posts
Good old Sebastian!! Always so helpful!! +1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've discovered with my engine mods (race air filter and race exhaust) my engine is hunting at high revs, can anyone advise me please? I'm guessing it'll be the carb fuel air mixture being lean can I get advice on tuning my carb please?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts