TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was bored at the weekend and had a tin of white left over so decided to get rid of the matt black frame…i much prefer it now, although i think it will be a pain after a few weeks to keep clean, its also candy red but doesn't come out in the pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
You do nice work man, very clean,all 3 of these! :icon_thumleft::hatsoff:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks great! :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Love this bike. Is your extended swing arm made from 2 different ones or is it a "ready made" extension?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks for the comments

the swing arm is a 6" extension that i did myself, you don't actually need to use 2 and it is actually very simple..i spent a while looking through here and googling it for info but didn't find as much as i thought i would so kinda made it up as i went with what id seen

first i measured and cut the ends off leaving about 2.5" of the box section from the end
IMAG0007.jpg

then inserted 2x 1" box into the swing arm..they were a prefect fit so i hammered them in about 4", then worked out the extension i wanted, added the extra measurement the ends would slide over..because the bars fitted inside so snug the ends had to be in the correct line. i just tapped them on until i reached my marked extension lines.

IMAG0012.jpg

i checked the measurements just to be sure and square, tacked then welded it all around, then just used body filler to bring the level out flush….whole thing took a couple of hours..to be honest i was very pleased with it and amazed just how easy it was, its pretty strong too as its basically re-enforced inside for most of its length

IMAG0013.jpg IMAG0015.jpg

·
Registered
485 Posts
Very cool supachip1, thank you very much for the pictorial. I'm messin with the idea of getting an older Tdub and do something similar with it. Very nice bike you have sir!
Oh! One last question, did you drill another lower shock mount hole, or somehow modify the shock mount since the geometry of the bikes suspension changed? If not how is the ride? Notice any difference?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks hekkler….i used the original shock and the original mounts and i didn't notice any difference, the bikes not designed for speed so i think its pretty safe, i would research it much more if i was doing a GSX750 or R1, but for a TW i think its fine.

a lot of the guys here put a spacer in the spring to firm up the sag when riding….in this bike i had actually added a 1" spacer because i have an exhaust that goes up and under the seat, as standard its not possible to use it because it would hit the tyre. that made a difference to driving because the seat doesn't drop when you sit on it so you feel you are sitting very high up, it felt odd at first but now i'm used to it…have a look through 'we love TW thailand' on FB, they are into the hollow mods etc, you might find some ideas there..i did….here is one of their swing arm extensions!!!! hahaha

1001503_469122013171273_978385082_n.jpg

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
new exhaust pipe

i decided the change the exhaust to a custom under the seat one i bought from a guy in bangkok, due to the positioning i had to make a new battery/wiring box

20150307_092832.jpg 20150307_092804.jpg 20150307_105857.jpg 20150307_105904.jpg 20150307_124637.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts