TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been off this forum for about three years or so and just got back. I would like to buy a sidecar for a TW200.
I would like it to be the enduro hack complete with mounts and subframe. Do any of you have such to offer?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Hi Phelonius! Great to see you back. I often wondered where you went and have enjoyed your past posts and contribution's to the forum. I also was looking for a side car a couple years ago. I don't think anyone has one on the forum at present. There was a gentlemen who did have one custom made a few years ago. I was able to track him down in Western Washington and speak to him. He spent a lot of money getting one custom made and fitted. It ended up only being able to do about 35-40 mph and in time, it broke the frame of the bike. It was a lighter enduro style. I was real disappointed and gave up on getting one for myself after speaking to him. As you know, they can cost 4 to 6 grand buying one and setting it up. I wish you luck should you choose to pursue this. Please keep us posted on what you find and stick around please. You have a lot to contribute brother.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sidecar company of which LT speaks is most likely this: DMC Sidecars | Motorcycle Sidecars, Motorcycle Trike Conversions | Sidecar Frames and Accesories

They are a smaller company, and while they do quite of bit of fabrication work, they are NOT low cost, and....at times have had a low reputation. So I advise to shop carefully.

A TW200 does not have a lot of power, or a strong enough frame to haul a sidecar. But hey, we all do odd things with our TWs.

These is another company...I beleive out of Texas...that makes much smaller sidecars that would work better on a TW200. Search, and ye shall find.....

I have had three TW200 in the past so I am aware of their feebleness. I am not interested in speed.
I am also considering a Rokon with sidecar if I can get it licensed. The modern Trailbreaker model
is capable of 35 MPH which is almost twice as fast as older Rokons and fast enough to do what I want.
And of course there is no sidecar rig more capable off road. Another plus is no foot pedal controls.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'd go with a Ural with the 2WD option, if I was looking at a side car rig.

Reactions: Animal

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have had three TW200 in the past so I am aware of their feebleness. I am not interested in speed.
I am also considering a Rokon with sidecar if I can get it licensed. The modern Trailbreaker model
is capable of 35 MPH which is almost twice as fast as older Rokons and fast enough to do what I want.
And of course there is no sidecar rig more capable off road. Another plus is no foot pedal controls.
that Rokon would be fine by putting a stop light and mirror on it and a triangle for slow machine. Just put a crate with vegies or a chicken in it and call it a farm vehicle. tractors are ok to be on the road, quads also if used for farming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts