TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my 2008 TW200 and was wanting some opinions as to what it's worth. It has 1561 miles on it and it's in excellent condition. Only been off pavement twice. Completely stock with the exception of a 12 volt charger I added for GPS. What would be a fair price for this TW?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Only been off pavement twice.
Are you sure it's a TW? Mine was pulling for the flower beds right outside of the dealer's service gate! It was all I could do to steer it up the driveway to my hitch carrier. ;)

Seriously though, what your TW is worth depends a lot on where you live.

1561 miles sure ain't "like new" for a TW, and actually new TWs can be found in the $3500 OTD range from time to time.

I'm thinking a bike in your vintage range with that mileage ought to sell at around $2400-$2800.

Of course, this all depends on your local market.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
My bike is a 2010 with 4k miles on it. Original owner. The mods in my sig are just the ones I can remember off hand. I have over 1k in mods and addons and if I were to list my bike today I would ask $3500 and take no less than $3k. Prices seem to vary drastically from state to state. If you can get $3500 for it I would be very surprised. You should be able to get around $2400 for it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Are you sure it's a TW? Mine was pulling for the flower beds right outside of the dealer's service gate! It was all I could do to steer it up the driveway to my hitch carrier.
Ain't that the truth! I live in golf course infested SWFL and mine wants so badly to play on one along with alot of other off limits areas. I just about have the wife convinced to either move back to CO or NorCAL where the riding options will open up. Yay for me. HIGHJACK OVER.

Your market and the time of season will make all the difference of selling in the world. Near the end of season or winter and the price goes down. At the very beginning of season everybody wants to buy a bike, competition for used bikes goes up along with what you can get for it.

I personally hate to see people selling any "happy" bike. Sometimes, you sell a bike; buy another bike (or none at all) and regret it in the not too distant future. Of all the bikes I've ever owned, the TW is a keeper and will add other bikes to do what the TW can't (if the wife and budget allows); or just buy a pickup to haul it when the "in-between" is too fast or too long.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For a point of reference. I sold my 98 TW200 with 1400 miles for $1800 last month. It was for sale for a week. I live in Reno, NV (dirt-bike and dual-sport country). And yes me and my girlfriend deeply regret the sale and have vowed to buy another one one day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but I bought mine near Vegas a few weeks ago, 2004, 77 miles, amazingly PRISTINE condition, for $2500. Probably a couple hundred too high, but calculating gas in the pickup to go get her, the PITA factor of calling around and dealing with a few flakes, it didn't seem worth it to fiddle around over mayyyyybe 10%.

But then, I'm pretty no-nonsense, solidly employed, and a huge fan of doing things at the moment the world wants you to do it.

I sent 17 pairs of asics running shoes to troops in Kandahar last month... I learned of a need, I got a pay raise the week before, and I'll always remember what I did with my first promotion paycheck!

Which is all to say, it works from both ends... Flaky buyers, scrambling your schedule around to meet people, blah blah blah, if someone showed up with $2200 cash money, I'd say that was pretty fair. Above that is icing but not worth spending much time on.

·
Registered
240 Posts
CoverMe, you got a pretty good deal on a not broken in at all TW. Where are you mileage wise now? Kudos on the charity work! If one fifth (richest) of the world population had a giving heart, there aren't many problems that couldn't be solved.:hippy2: That being said, the money from the richest should go towards "teaching a man to fish NOT giving the man a fish", which is where most of the "deadbeat" resentment starts. :lurk:Govt, are you listening now?:hiding:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts