TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Not the usual THIS vs. THAT motorcycle comparison. Good short funny read. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's cool that he came down on the side of the TW in the end, but I think he's seriously underestimating the capability of the TW.

I have it on good authority that the TW200 is actually a pretty decent bike to ride in the desert. :D

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That was a pretty good article. They gave a lot of credit to the TW.

Like Sparky says, no picture.

And Skippy...you're always a wild man on your bike!! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
That was a pretty good article. They gave a lot of credit to the TW.

Like Sparky says, no picture.

And Skippy...you're always a wild man on your bike!! :)
Haha I try :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
The TW won't go anywhere fast, but it will go anywhere!

·
Registered
312 Posts
hmmm, think he missed the point on the speed of a tw too, mine cruzes all day a 55-60 no problem, I have hit the freeway for a few miles at 65 ,(granted don't want to do that very much) but it will do it. I like a lot of people have just gone for a ride on the pavement for 50-60 miles at 55 and was very comfortable doing it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
hmmm, think he missed the point on the speed of a tw too, mine cruzes all day a 55-60 no problem, I have hit the freeway for a few miles at 65 ,(granted don't want to do that very much) but it will do it. I like a lot of people have just gone for a ride on the pavement for 50-60 miles at 55 and was very comfortable doing it.
Agree

My 125 will do 55mph across fields!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Death Valley? A TW200 will make it seem like "Slightly Wounded Valley". ;)

XT350 tank and both fuel and water mounted to the rack and I'd have a ball! :D

And how many DR-Z400S have made it to the North Pole? :p

Reactions: r80rt

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
A stock TW will go places no DRZ will ever reach.

Yes, a TW is a great bike for riding in the desert. Those "professional motocross riders" who "trail ride" across the desert at 70mph often end up dead, or worse. The locals who have to pay for those "free" emergency extrication services get kind of pissed over paying for $6000 helicopter rides.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
A stock TW will go places no DRZ will ever reach.

Yes, a TW is a great bike for riding in the desert. Those "professional motocross riders" who "trail ride" across the desert at 70mph often end up dead, or worse. The locals who have to pay for those "free" emergency extrication services get kind of pissed over paying for $6000 helicopter rides.
And at the speeds a TW will travel you actualy get to SEE the desert.

·
Registered
333 Posts
my little 12 hp TW will go any place in the desert that I want to go, then up any mountain road or trail then down the highway back to the park or into town to pick up supplies then to the dairy queen in any part of the country, can't do that on any other bike or ATV or truck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I own a DR650 and a TW. I will use the DR for more road worthiness as it has triple the horses. Also for 2up riding. The TW is more fun on the technical stuff. I took it out in the snow a month ago and in 10" of fresh powder, it was a total blast! I like that I can put both feet on the ground in slippery conditions. I am 6' tall and can flat foot the DR, but the TW with a lower saddle and lighter weight make me feel more in control. My wife is learning to ride and the TW is the best bike for her to learn on as well. I haven't tried the TW on sand yet, but I'm planning on going to the desert this month and give it a go.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I guess I'll have to go out to the garage and inform my TW it can't handle Colorado jeep trails very well. :rolleyes: Maybe we'll just have to go out and work on it more. ;)

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I once stopped Tdub in front of a Jeep, hooked the Jeep's winch wire to the luggage rack, and pulled 90 feet of wire across the bog the Jeep was stuck in. The deeper the stock tire sinks, the more it pulls. The secret is 6000rpm in 2nd gear to sling the mud out. Otherwise it slicks over.

EDIT: Jeepers get really pissed when another vehicle sprays them and their Jeep down with mud. Worst part was on my way out, same Jeep was grinding through a rocky ravine not wide enough to pass. After waiting a few minutes, Tdub decided to ride up the side of the ravine and side-hill in a controlled powerslide over the Jeep, then hop back down on the trail. Jeepers get really pissed when another vehicle sprays them and their Jeep down with broken shale.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I once stopped Tdub in front of a Jeep, hooked the Jeep's winch wire to the luggage rack, and pulled 90 feet of wire across the bog the Jeep was stuck in. The deeper the stock tire sinks, the more it pulls. The secret is 6000rpm in 2nd gear to sling the mud out. Otherwise it slicks over.
I think I would have paid to watch that unfold!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts