TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been eager to get a TW 200 for years. I have the spare cash (and have been given the go ahead by the boss) so I can get one. So off I go to the Yamaha showroom in the place I currently live, Muscat, Oman. They don't sell them and will not order them in.

So a few months go by and now my work circumstance change again and I will be moving to Dubai UAE in September. So I am thinking, sweet, much bigger country I'm sure they will stock them or order them in. But after a few calls I find out they won't.

Long story short, how the hell do I buy or get a TW 200 in Dubai?

Also, as a side note, how do they fare in 120+ degrees being air cooled?

Cheers for any replies in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I was hoping for an un butchered one. I have tried that site and dubizzle.com and that seems to be the only one in the country.

You would think Yamaha would order one in for me..

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
Same position in the UK - had to find a dealer who bought at auction in Japan, filled a shipping container, and imported second hand

As to finding an un-butchered one - look at the custom car scene in the UAE - crazy money. You have to figure those guys are only interested in city running - not the desert (where you would need more range than the tank on a TW can give you).

Once you understand that - you can see why they customise the hell out anything .......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want one to mess around with when I head out to the desert or up the mountains. Planning on getting a tow hitch carrier for a Pajero. Or the Land Rover if I keep it in the move.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I hope it will be....

Has anyone any experience shipping one? Would it be cheaper from japan or US? Or has anyone a contact at yamaha where I may be able to import one directly?

Thanks in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts