TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
ronnydog is one of the original 225 modders, i'd have total faith in his build. if i didn't already have a 225 i'd be all over this.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I can’t even afford the time off to drive there and back, let alone also buy it right now or I’d be on it like white on rice. I too would have total faith in anything (motorcycle wise at least) that Ronny worked on and would also be honored to have an engine he built. Maybe next time, but someone is going to get a nice engine.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your nice words. Anyone need a motor for parts? I would be willing to part with it to a needy bike, say $100? It has a 225 crank, TTR 225 sleeve and 70mm piston. It’s a 5 speed.

ronnycheepdog

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Thanks for your nice words. Anyone need a motor for parts? I would be willing to part with it to a needy bike, say $100? It has a 225 crank, TTR 225 sleeve and 70mm piston. It’s a 5 speed.

ronnycheepdog
Lets get this party started! If I wanted you to build it out AND ship it to upstate NY what kind of damage/money would we be talking about?

Yes I can read that local pickup was required but maybe there is some leeway there;)

Tom

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Tom I believe the motor would be a better parts motor. I did a iron butt on it and had it apart 4 to 5 times. To build a motor from 196cc to 225 is fairly simple.

Ronnydog View attachment 142617
Fair enough. Too many irons in the fire for me to learn engine rebuilds at this point in my life. Besides the motor in my TW runs perfect as is just a bit under powered. Thanks for the reply though!

Tom

·
Registered
745 Posts
Greyhound Bus Lines perhaps still offers the most affordable option to ship something like a TW motor in a cardboard box cross country.
Good point, Fred. I knew that but had forgotten, like so many other things. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts