TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this was tatty bike to start as they are all neglected here..i paid $677 for it, i think its an 07, it had been previously crashed so i stripped it down, had the forks straightened for £30, new fork seals, head light, front wheel bearings, bridgestone 203/204 tyres, complete handle bar, switch and cable set up from new CRF 250L., seat cover and supertrapp pipe

sent all nuts n bolts for re-zincing..stripped everything back to bare metal, primed, and coated frame, swing arm etc in Kawazaki silver, and the blue is candy blue but as I'm still experimenting with the gun settings i think the top coat is too thick, it should be more translucent.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes gerry, its much easier than you would imagine, the first time i googled 're-lacing dirt bike wheel', that gave a list of videos, found a very well explained one and just did what the guy said..worked first time, at first i fitted the swing arm, shock, head set and forks and flipped the frame upside down but now i just use my bike stand and some zip ties, done about 5 sets of these now and works well... 16356_10155192801690156_1472340949680441781_n.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks really great - love the pop of color on it! Curious about the front fender - where did you get that if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the front fender is a fiberglass copy of the ones they sell on the japanese site webike, i dont know what the style is called, i think the original brand is POSH, there are long and short, this is the longer one

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the comments

the plating cost here 250 baht per kilo about $7, there are 6.5 kgs in a bike including spokes. they can do also various finishes…yellow/gold zinc, rainbow, chrome, black, etc, but i keep it simple to silver zinc because the stuff dulls here pretty fast i guess due to the sea air? chrome doesn't last long for sure then if you have a colour and have to replace a bolt you can only get standard silver anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts