TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the TW 32 rear tire for my TW. Its the knobbier stock tire. Newer TW's come with the TW34 which is similar but not as aggressive. My question is, who has had the TW 32 and the TW 34 and is the TW 34 a good tire for offroad? I ride 80% dirt and would like the more aggressive tire, but the TW 32 is either very rare or non-existent. I have to have a D.O.T. approved tire, so my options are either the TW 32 or 34.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The TW-32 is NLA. It has been superceeded by the 34, which has worked nicely for me, since I made the switch. I think it is wearing much better too. AFAIK, your only other option would be the TW-204, but I would not suggest that for off-road use, unless your off-road riding is very light.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I have the TW34 and it has never let me down. The round profile puts many knobs in contact with the soil when the tire sinks in soft terrain.

EDIT: Be willing to spin it to clean it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I currently have the TW 32 rear tire for my TW. Its the knobbier stock tire. Newer TW's come with the TW34 which is similar but not as aggressive. My question is, who has had the TW 32 and the TW 34 and is the TW 34 a good tire for offroad? I ride 80% dirt and would like the more aggressive tire, but the TW 32 is either very rare or non-existent. I have to have a D.O.T. approved tire, so my options are either the TW 32 or 34.

The only place the 32 was "more aggressive" was in the middle two inches of tread. In soft terrain there's no trouble getting to the more aggressive sides of the tire. On hard pack the 34 theoretically will out perform the 32 with less contact patch. With slight adjustments in air pressures, I doubt you give up any off road capability with the 34. And it wears far greater on the pavement than the old tire. Since the 32 isn't offered anymore it's sort of a mute point anyway.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does the tw34 have less noise on pavement?

the 32 deafens me on the highway.

mike

I'd say that it is less noisy. I feel that it has better street manners and it hasn't let me down off road either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts