·
Registered
200 Posts
Pics, info, vids, all are needed ASAP

and as the guy above said, ProCycle has stiffer springs

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Shhhhhhhhhhh........I was sworn to secrecy............and had to sign my butt away to Yamaha..........so I cannot confirm nor deny that a TW400 being made by Yamaha is in the works. Using the SR400...fuel injected engine.

As Sgt Shultz would say....I know Nothing...Nothing. :mellow:
THAT IS NOT FUNNY! My heart fluttered just enough that I may have to see a cardiologist.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Spill the beans brother Dude. (the real beans!) Yes? No? SR400

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The CCM GP450 has everything but the fat tires. I think I love it.

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Shhhhhhhhhhh........I was sworn to secrecy............and had to sign my butt away to Yamaha..........so I cannot confirm nor deny that a TW400 being made by Yamaha is in the works. Using the SR400...fuel injected engine.

As Sgt Shultz would say....I know Nothing...Nothing. :mellow:

Yeah, but it's only a 3-speed & weighs 385 lbs...and it's ugly.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Whichever one of these rumors makes it to the American market first will get a spot next to my TW200:

- CCM GP450
- TW400
- KTM 390 Adventure
I would put money on the KTM 390 Adv coming soon.
KTM seems to recognize market interest better than most.
The much talked about 750 (+/- 100) adv bike they are testing and a 390 adv bike would give them the grand slam of adv bikes for riders of all ages, sizes, abilities, and financial situations.
Can you imagine the lineup in the KTM dealership?
390, 750, 1190, and 1290?
Now picture that range offered in Adv, Duke (naked), and Sport (fairings) versions...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
There's a SR500 '78 model f/s here on c/l. It's "bobbered". frame cut at upper rear shock mounts, solid bar in place of rear shocks, iddy biddy solo seat, low bars, etc. Good thing is it's only $850.00 asking price. So there's your engine for your TW500. If I were a "mechanicengineer" , I would buy a TW with a bad engine, and have at it. But alas, I'm NOT. I would like to own a nice SR500. My biggest reservation is,,,,,,kick start only. The new SR400 is the only new production bike I know of that is kick start only.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
556 Posts
Unfortunately it is not a simple thing to build a hybrid TW.

The swing arm width for the 180 tire and chain clearance is more than most bikes have.
The engine sprocket offset from the center line will need attention on any bike/engine that is not designed for a seriously wide rear tire.
Can the engine be moved over in the frame?
Can the frame be modified?
Can the TW swingarm and wheel be used on another frame?

Anything can be done if one has the funds to cover it.

Having a TW hub modified to use on my V-Strom 650 cost $750, not including paint, spokes, bearings or rim.
The cost surprise did teach me a valuable (expensive) lesson.
Use the complete rear end when doing a hybrid.
So I just bought a swingarm (with jackshaft) and rear wheel from a Yamaha Big Wheel (BW200) for another project.
Now I am looking for the forks, disc brakes, front wheel, and triple clamps from one of the last race three wheeler atv's for the front end...
Heh-heh-heh! How does an aluminum framed GSXR 750 street legal dual sport Big Wheel sound?

I look forward to reading more about the custom TW 400 and seeing the pictures!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
It would take a little work, but what about putting a Honda XR400 motor in a TW frame? It'd take some machining for the output shaft, but I'm sure it could be done with enough motivation. :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts