TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my TW in 2015 but hadn't ridden it a lot until last year. As you all know, if you aren't used to it and you spend a lot of time in the saddle unless you have a cast iron butt you WILL get what I describe as Arseritis. For me it was quite debilitating to say the least (but you do toughen up after awhile I find, better seat or not.)

In any case, a common solution is to replace or customize your seat via Seat Concepts or the like, where seat stuffing and coverings are changed to make your seat more comfortable. I haven't done that yet, but it was a first on my list item that I still have not attended to. A wise person on this Forum suggested in passing that we try sheepskin with the wool knap left on as another thing that helps reduce your seat's 'bite'.

My good wife kept her eyes open for me when I mentioned the sheepskin solution and came home one day with a full skin, the knapp about 2" or more long. I think the hide must have been processed without being sheared first. We cut it to fit under the TW seat, which holds it in place. I tried it out and it worked well but I felt it still needed additional padding. I used a piece of unicellular foam - an old sleeping or yoga mat, placed under the sheepskin. AAAHHHHhhhhaaaaa. Finally relief, and no more arseritis.

There is a place in Canada called Halford Hides, which have a website and on-line ordering. Homepage You can purchase full sheepskin hides (very reasonable I think) and a number of other interesting and useful items from them.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'd be afraid a wolf would attack me.
Well, if you ride at 65-70, I doubt most wolves would catch you, hahahah.
Scott

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'm still searching for the all day ride seat.

The Mad Dog seat pad was better than stock, but still good for only an hour or so.

Added a sheepskin cover on top, and it was a bit better, but not perfect.

There are a lot of inexpensive sheepskins on Amazon and eBay, both real and artificial.

I have a Bead Rider that I may put on top of both.

jb

·
Registered
659 Posts
Too bad one can't adapt a Suzuki Vanvan seat to the TW. It's an almost identical looking bike, and the seat is seriously more comfortable than the Dub's seat.
Scott

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks more comfortable alright. Have you actually had one in your hands to see how it might fit on the TW?

·
Registered
87 Posts
"Arseritis"...HOOT! I love it. Paddy, the next time me arse gets pink & tender I'll think of you!

I had a buddy who who got one of the "full" sheeps...you know, whole body, legs & all.
I told him that goin' down the road, it looked like a sheep was humping his bike.
Like this, but "leg-ier":
Fur clothing Snout Fur Fashion accessory Wool

My favorite is this:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Looks more comfortable alright. Have you actually had one in your hands to see how it might fit on the TW?
I have put more smiles on my VanVan than my TW for one main reason. The Suzuki has a padded seat.

Not quite as comfy as a Russell seat on a Valkyrie, but still VERY comfy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Padded bicycle shorts. I've tried them and it adds miles to my comfort.
Yep! I have a small gel pad, and with the padded bike shorts....all day comfort!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm still searching for the all day ride seat.

The Mad Dog seat pad was better than stock, but still good for only an hour or so.

Added a sheepskin cover on top, and it was a bit better, but not perfect.

There are a lot of inexpensive sheepskins on Amazon and eBay, both real and artificial.

I have a Bead Rider that I may put on top of both.

jb
With all of these layers .. Why not just strap on one of the couch cushions next?

Reactions: jbfla
1 - 16 of 16 Posts