TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a great weekend of riding here in the Tri-State (NY, CT, NJ) area. Real stupid climate change weather close to 70 both days.
Saturday I took the K75 for a ride and also went to check-out a Softail Deluxe someone I know is selling. It is drop-your-heart gorgeous but I'd have to sell the '69 r60/2 to buy it. So Sunday morning I took her upstate for a 120 mile ride. By the time I got back I knew I couldn't sell the old girl and let the HD pass. BTDT with HD's. I'm not even sure how I got the bug again?

My favorite Wing Place (Garlic Parmesan wings) was closed for the Winter.
IMG_7901.JPG

Almost all my favorite secondary roads were closed, you guessed... for the Winter. Oh yeah, it is Winter. Hundreds of cabin fever riders out on the roads.
IMG_7918.JPG

Gave my wife Lori about an hour getting used to the TW. Its such a gentle bike for learning. We live on a dead-end with a slight hill. She rode it down the hill several times without the engine on to get used to the weight and foot/hand brakes. She does drive stick car but getting used to the hand controls will be all new to her. Then we turned the engine on and "walked" the bike uphill under power, feet on the ground the whole way. Only stalled couple times. Tomorrow after we buy her a good helmet I'll let her actually ride. I doubt she'd ever want to ride anything more than the TW so going forward I might have to buy another for myself. Great teaching tool and I will have her take a couple formal lessons in the Spring. Guess what bike they use for students?

I'm using the Mr. Mioji (Karate Kid) method for Lori. I told her this was called "walking the dog". Of course I'm making all this up. Wax On/Wax Off.
IMG_7926.jpg

After all the above it was still nice out and Peppermint the Beagle wanted to go for a ride in the Ural sidecar. Check out this youtube video. Best to view in Full Screen, enjoy:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
gotta love family* that love to ride too.

* two or four legged

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
Love the Beemer and the hack!!

It was a great weekend of riding here in the Tri-State (NY, CT, NJ) area. Real stupid climate change weather close to 70 both days.
Saturday I took the K75 for a ride and also went to check-out a Softail Deluxe someone I know is selling. It is drop-your-heart gorgeous but I'd have to sell the '69 r60/2 to buy it. So Sunday morning I took her upstate for a 120 mile ride. By the time I got back I knew I couldn't sell the old girl and let the HD pass. BTDT with HD's. I'm not even sure how I got the bug again?

My favorite Wing Place (Garlic Parmesan wings) was closed for the Winter.
View attachment 80953

Almost all my favorite secondary roads were closed, you guessed... for the Winter. Oh yeah, it is Winter. Hundreds of cabin fever riders out on the roads.
View attachment 80961

Gave my wife Lori about an hour getting used to the TW. Its such a gentle bike for learning. We live on a dead-end with a slight hill. She rode it down the hill several times without the engine on to get used to the weight and foot/hand brakes. She does drive stick car but getting used to the hand controls will be all new to her. Then we turned the engine on and "walked" the bike uphill under power, feet on the ground the whole way. Only stalled couple times. Tomorrow after we buy her a good helmet I'll let her actually ride. I doubt she'd ever want to ride anything more than the TW so going forward I might have to buy another for myself. Great teaching tool and I will have her take a couple formal lessons in the Spring. Guess what bike they use for students?

I'm using the Mr. Mioji (Karate Kid) method for Lori. I told her this was called "walking the dog". Of course I'm making all this up. Wax On/Wax Off.
View attachment 80969

After all the above it was still nice out and Peppermint the Beagle wanted to go for a ride in the Ural sidecar. Check out this youtube video. Best to view in Full Screen, enjoy:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
That's a sweet Sidecar. If you are ever down my way I have a friend Tim who is handicapped and lives next door. I always feel bad when I come home after a ride and he's sitting outside. I told him the other day I needed a sidecar so I could take him with me.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a sweet Sidecar. If you are ever down my way I have a friend Tim who is handicapped and lives next door. I always feel bad when I come home after a ride and he's sitting outside. I told him the other day I needed a sidecar so I could take him with me.
Hmmm, maybe. There is a Ural Guru that I'm trying to get to do a little work on her (change universal joints, change the drive "doughnut") that lives in Annapolis. I can do this work but he's got "the touch". If I can get him to commit I will definitely be in touch. I participate in "The Ride For Kids" almost every year and the sidecar contingent really gets these youngsters going. Such happiness seeing the the smiles on their faces.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
WOW.. I saw this thread and THOUGHT it said "TW as a TRENCHING tool" and was like YAY.. I'm in LOL.. - need coffee..

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
WOW.. I saw this thread and THOUGHT it said "TW as a TRENCHING tool" and was like YAY.. I'm in LOL.. - need coffee..
That would be the XTW250

11611-yamaha-xtw250-ryoku-concept.jpg
Skidplate doubles as an entrenching tool.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Wow I think those Japanese enginers are lurking here, a lot of rip off ideas in that bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts