TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we are escaping all the motorcycles and the heat by running our little 30 year old Toyota motorhome up and down the Oregon coast.

Spent the night at our very favorite coastal spot, Depoe Bay. Great little place to catch a whale watching boat from, but today there were a whole seabag full of medium sized whales right under our noses.

They were promenading us at 10 to 35 yards off the rocks and the rocks were right under foot.

And, of course, we had to spend a few bucks in that little shop that sells nothing but socks. I found a pair for the Wife but forgot to buy them.

Sorry for the lack of Yamaha in this post. I suppose I am simply a Troll at heart.

·
Super Moderator
15,703 Posts
I hope Mrs. Admiral doesn't see those socks and buy them for me! :)
After all the heat we've had lately (and no I don't want fall or winter to come early cause I can still ride comfortably in the morning), I can almost feel the coolness of being on the coast. At least that's been my experience the few times I've been to the coast. Chilly!

·
Registered
23,316 Posts
Alaska bound Grey whales migrating up the Humbolt current foraging along the way?
What a great experience!
I've seen them inshore before, sometimes pods with mothers and new calf pairs. But never hugging the shore like that! Cool.

Reactions: SEADUB200

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
774 Posts
Nice treat! Thanks for sharing.

I've seen all types of whales in my career at sea over thousands of miles of oceans & it never, ever gets old. Everyone should see a whale in person before they leave this Earth.

Reactions: vwbobby
1 - 4 of 4 Posts