TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! I own a tw 125, now im after a new exhaust for it, possibly after market? and the bike will back fire through carb when on low rews, im pritty sure its not normal...

PS im after a rear stop light lens! my lil bro smashed it! cant find them anywhere!

someone help please!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, so can someone explain step by ste how to set up cab as im not familiar with it? also what aftermarket light would fit?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Guys! I own a tw 125, now im after a new exhaust for it, possibly after market? and the bike will back fire through carb when on low rews, im pritty sure its not normal...

PS im after a rear stop light lens! my lil bro smashed it! cant find them anywhere!

someone help please!

Pull the spark plug and take a look at it. If there is a white and yellow residue build up that means it is running to lean(not enough fuel), If it is too rich it will have black deposits on the plug and also in your exhaust! (which is more than likely your problem) Spark plugs tell a lot about fuel delivery!

Qwerty did a sequence on carb tuning, http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/647-carb-tuning/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to much fuel! thanks
what about exhaust? anyone knows about any aftermarket ones that would fit? and it doesnt really tell me how to set it up, where can i locate the screws? do i have to take it apart? also my carb seems to be 'sweating' on the bottom, looks like theres petrol on it, is it because of the back fire or something else? i had so much trouble with this bike.. but i would love to learn more about them as they are great fun! on road and off!

·
Registered
123 Posts
to much fuel! thanks
what about exhaust? anyone knows about any aftermarket ones that would fit? and it doesnt really tell me how to set it up, where can i locate the screws? do i have to take it apart? also my carb seems to be 'sweating' on the bottom, looks like theres petrol on it, is it because of the back fire or something else? i had so much trouble with this bike.. but i would love to learn more about them as they are great fun! on road and off!

sounds like the base gasket from the carb to the cylinder head might be messed up too, if it is gas. Akrapovic has some in Europe, there is fmf,DG as well. Where are you located? Please include the year of your tw125 as well as your elevation. and I will try an do some research for you since the american tw200 is a bit different. There is a member on our forum named "Sebastian" (MkBig or something is his screen name) who is very familiar with the tw125, i'll try to look through his info to see whats going on! I'm trying to grasp the concept of carb issues so I can properly fix anything that may happen with my ride! Usually the screw is located at the bottom of the carb on the newer tw200's and is covered by a cap that needs to be drilled out. The screw is a flat head style screw. Too much fuel may be a problem with a float, jet, or needle. How many miles does the bike have and did it sit for extended periods of time?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im in UK, i dont think so its the head, 2months ago had both valves replaced, and last month they were regulated, the bike is 2007, and it was 108000 miles on the clock. I ll take a picture of the carb 2morrow and post it, as i have to go sleep, college 2morrow

·
Registered
123 Posts
sorry guys xd to tired and was a bit dark,11800 xd
I was a bit astonished to see that mileage too! As per the taillight. You would be better off custom fabricating your own! Take a look at my bike build. The url should be in my signature.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow! your project looks awesome! only if i had the money to do my bike, at the moment i just wanna keep it running, but im gonna take it gemrnay with me and do it there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts