TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
So I wont be posting pics cause it a PITA. We had a fun weekend, Snow and ice slows things down of course. Hope you all have a wonderful riding season
T
Enjoy you trip. If you are using a smartphone, take your pictures with the phone held sideways keeping the shutter button on the right. It’s the only way to ensure the pictures will post correctly. That sideways picture crap drove me crazy years ago.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
"Invalid attachments" for post #6, an all to common occurrence. Are you following guidelines in thread about new procedures for Posting Pictures .....as well as similar photo threads?

EDIT: They are all visible now, nice camp especially since it is only February.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
View attachment 157353 Unloading
View attachment 157361 Our site
View attachment 157369 The Mules
View attachment 157385 Breakfast Burritos on the Disco
View attachment 157393 Slippery up there. We rolled uphill until it was impossible to travel with the bikes and turned back.
View attachment 157401 Soaking up some Sun.
View attachment 157409 Mules stabled for the night.
View attachment 157417 Coleman Canyon Camp.
Thanks for sharing your camp out pictures. I like the way you roll :D

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Perfect! Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Guys, If I never rode on ice again it would be too soon.
We only cover 10 total miles it was a bear for certain.
The Trlr is a new addition my friend recently added to his stable... Love it

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
So I wont be posting pics cause it a PITA. We had a fun weekend, Snow and ice slows things down of course. Hope you all have a wonderful riding season
T
This explains cell pics being upside down and sideways

Originally Posted by VSAdmin

As for your pictures loading upside down: This happens because the forum software is unable to read the EXIF data that is imprinted on the photo when you take it.

The EXIF data holds a lot of information, which includes orientation of your photo. Many programs are able to read this, and that is why you see it displayed upright in some places, but many others still are not.

This is a good article that explains all of this: https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why...ectly-rotated/

The gist of it is, the phones are designed to work like a digital camera. Holding your digital camera flat, in landscape, is the 'base line'. Developers used this 'base line' in the following way for mobile devices:

Apple users: hold your phone with your VOLUME buttons DOWN.

Android users: hold your phone with your HOME button to the RIGHT.

It's completely against common sense since the volume button is used as a shutter button, so you would think the volume button should point UP! But that is how developers worked it out, so when you hold your phone upright, in portrait, it is the same as turning your digital camera 90 degrees to the side, to take a portrait photo. Since the forum cannot read the data that tells it which way you are holding your phone, it displays plainly from the 'base line' - whichever side your volume buttons are on will be the bottom of your photo (so if you take a photo with your volume buttons facing UP on your phone, the photo will display upside down when you upload it here).

There is not currently any plugins or hacks that we've come across that can allow the forum to read the EXIF data at this time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Other members mentioned this as well. Easier than handling the pics twice.
I have been saving in another program and then transferring.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Thanks, Other members mentioned this as well. Easier than handling the pics twice.
I have been saving in another program and then transferring.
Looks like there was some major fun in the works.

I've been uploading, storing, editing and organizing my photos into albums in Google Photos for a few years. Never have a problem copying and pasting a photo in a thread. Before that I used Photobucket but before they demanded we pay to continue using their site, it had become very very slow within their site. Unfortunately, the reason you may see a "speedometer" in place of the actual photo in some of the older threads are a result of the ransom they wanted users to pay-to-show.

I have all the pictures I want saved on a backup at home so no lost photos in Photobucket. Plus, I think they still allowed me to download the photos to my computer without paying so no lost photos that way either.

Seems most of the problems have come from directly posting photos from a CPU (PC or MAC/Apple) or from phones. Now we have a good explanation but I rarely posted an attachment from my computer anyway and the work around was working. I don't think most people searched the forum to see the many places where the or "a" fix was mentioned to help.

Reactions: excalibur and Ken

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
That looks great and in February, a treat. I have a camping and riding trip coming up in the Jersey Pine Barrens but not till May. I have all the gear but have not done Winter camping since I was a Boy Scout. And that was a long, long time ago.

Your "sitting by the fire in the Sun" is your best picture. Love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts