TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
2022 TW Honey Badger (Dori123's bike) 2014 TW, and a 1994 TW Custom Scrambler
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....but not quite finished.

Got tags for it yesterday, so I've been buzzing around and tuning.

I put a nibbi carb on it, and I'm super surprised at how well it runs right out of the box. I swapped to the smaller set of jets that came with it (we're at 5500 feet here) and it seems to pull well throughout the range after fiddling a little bit with idle mixture.

Amazon tank, pit bike handlebars, shorty levers, custom seat, single cable throttle. I made a mid pipe for it after running it with the stock exhaust Admiral helped me out with.

The throttle cable on it is absurdly long, so I'm going to have to make one to get the length I want. I also plan to wrap the exhaust to hide my hideous welds. Will also probably bob the stock front fender before putting miles on it. Mirrors are on the way.

Question for the group:
When sliding through the clutch friction point as I accelerate, I can feel (not hear) a clunk somewhere in the drivetrain. If it were a car, I'd look to make sure the drive shaft flange was tight, but there's no such thing here. If anyone has had a similar experience and fixed it, let me know.

All the best!
C

Attachments

Registered
Question for the group:
When sliding through the clutch friction point as I accelerate, I can feel (not hear) a clunk somewhere in the drivetrain. If it were a car, I'd look to make sure the drive shaft flange was tight, but there's no such thing here. If anyone has had a similar experience and fixed it, let me know.

All the best!
C
[/QUOTE]
I feel a clunk when transitioning from the engine pulling to
braking. Some call it chain snatch. Could that be what you are feeling?

OFG

Registered
Check the easy stuff first, chain & sprocket condition and set the chain slack. If there is too much side to side play the chain can clunk mating up to the sprocket. O/X-ring seals can have a moderating effect too if you haven't done that conversion.

Registered
Really like the black details from painted forks to the custom rear brake actuating arm, like an industrial strength bobber.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the recommendations folks. I'm away from the house for a few days, will try 'em out when I'm back and will let the group know what it was when it's fixed!

Added a few more pics....will plan to shoot some more when I get it finished up.

Best!
C

Attachments

Registered
Those look like Motogadget blinkers. I put them on my handlebars too, along with the bar end mirrors

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
before & after

I also installed the Motogadget pin LED turn signals in the rear, and Supernova red brake lights on the 2 top license plate bolts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Registered
Cool bike, Sarge! I noticed you are missing the heat shield on the header pipe you are running? What a perfect time to add a stainless XT225 pipe! I can hear that build just crying out for it...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool bike, Sarge! I noticed you are missing the heat shield on the header pipe you are running? What a perfect time to add a stainless XT225 pipe! I can hear that build just crying out for it...
I plan to wrap the header and the mid pipe...this is the mockup until my black hose clamps get here and I can install it more permanently (and cleanly!)

I burned a couple of pairs of pants on it without the shield!

Attachments

Registered
Very nice bar end turn signals, very suitable for the bobber application. I would certainly want them if I rode more on the street . Imagine the wire run took some more customization to get them outside the handlebars with some form of strain/abrasion relief.
I would likely grind them off in close encounters with nature in a trail riding environment, and the white running lights might be distracting off road at night. My Nibbler for off-road use has strip light turn signals integrated into the hand guards with but one LED visible routed on the inside as a visual reminder of turn signal in use or forgotten and left on.
That said the Sergeant's project bike is really impressive. (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Fred! Yeah, the bar-end turn signals would be unlikely to make it through one off-road ride 馃槄. I didn't wire the white running lights....they'd indeed be very distracting. I ran the wiring off of the stock harness, through a hole I drilled in the center of the bars, out to the bar ends (inside the bars.) Like so many of these Chinese electrical parts, the wires are pretty thin, so I'm just hoping for the best with them for now.

Love the idea of the strip lights with one exposed as an indicator!

C

Registered
In a word... bitchin!
I totally love the blacked-out frame, wheels and forks.

Still staring at the bar end lights. I like the idea, but wondering if it will be distracting at night.

Registered
In a word... bitchin!
I totally love the blacked-out frame, wheels and forks.

Still staring at the bar end lights. I like the idea, but wondering if it will be distracting at night.
The ones on my bike are directional. There's an internal reflector that points forward and aft, You need to make sure it's aimed properly. They are also ECE approved.

On my bike, I adapted all the LED lights without cutting the factory harness. I wanted to keep it 100% reversible. I even used a different handlebar so I would need to drill a wire hole in the original bars.

The issue I had was getting the blinkers to work right. I figured out that the dash blinker also needs to be an LED, and it needs to be polarized in the same direction as the aftermarket LED turn signals. So if you are planning to install LED turn signals, install the LED dash light first, then try the LED turn signal. You want to temporarily wire it up to make sure you have it correct and not reversed. It's much easier to swap the turn signal wires vs the dash LED wires. All the LEDs need to be going in the same direction

1 - 20 of 22 Posts