TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks. It occured to me that we might get an idea from the forum from some artists that we have to come up with a design for a flag we can sport at camps, rallys and such.

A slogan to start with would be good. Any ideas? I see we don't all wear suspenders or hickorys lol.

·
Registered
779 Posts
TW200WT (Wide Tire) so it fits on a sticker or flag easy?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hey I resemble that remark and those look like my footsy pajamas.

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
so dette's photo is inappropriate with the red triangle flying above Old Glory.
I'm here for you dette! I don't believe "dette" or "her photo" is inappropriate. Just that she posted a photo which shows the flag being flown improperly.

I know you weren't implying she was inappropriate - you were just trying to take some of the heat off of Fred for his posting :)

xxx.jpg

·
Registered
20,499 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
TrailWays Always

Fat Tire Frenzy

Reactions: Mattwings

·
Registered
546 Posts
FYI - as a matter of protocol, no flag on a pole or staff is supposed to be flown above the US flag, so dette's photo is inappropriate with the red triangle flying above Old Glory.
I didn't mean to offend anyone, just grabbed an image off the internet that had little flags....I guess I grabbed the wrong image; you'all are welcome to replace it with one you consider more appropriate.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I didn't mean to offend anyone, just grabbed an image off the internet that had little flags....I guess I grabbed the wrong image; you'all are welcome to replace it with one you consider more appropriate.
I don't think there is any need for that. There's nothing wrong with informing people of what's considered "proper". A flag is personal property though, not property of the state (thanks GOD) so all are free to do as they like with it unless it's in an official capacity, then protocol should be heeded (IMHO).

As long as no one is burning it in front of me I won't be bothered but at the same time the right to burn it (assuming they own it) is why we are able to fly it.

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
I don't think there is any need for that. There's nothing wrong with informing people of what's considered "proper". A flag is personal property though, not property of the state (thanks GOD) so all are free to do as they like with it unless it's in an official capacity, then protocol should be heeded (IMHO).

As long as no one is burning it in front of me I won't be bothered but at the same time the right to burn it (assuming they own it) is why we are able to fly it.
While his message is correct, mrlmd could have used a softer more polite approach to lessen this being perceived as a personal attack against the photo dette posted regarding flag ettuequette. After all, it wasn't even her photo which is why it's important to know the facts or ask questions if one does not know for sure.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts