TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to the forum and I am geting ready to buy a TW and was wondering if they are good for 260lbs? or do i need to reconsider the kind of bike i want?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Welcome, If you just plan to explore and not push it too hard. The TW will be just fine - there are a few larger guys riding these bike that belong to the forum.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi I’m new to the forum and I am geting ready to buy a TW and was wondering if they are good for 260lbs? or do i need to reconsider the kind of bike i want?
I'm 230 and ride my TW almost every day. As long as you're not thinking long distance, the bike is great for around town and occasional freeway. The TW is a second bike for me. Not too sure it would make a great primary bike though unless you live in an area that would warrant a trail bike all the time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I would be using it to ride back and forth to work 5 miles total on a 35mph road

·
Registered
68 Posts
260 here. 2nd bike, for chasing down rough back roads and fireroads. 02 with 34k miles, riding it like I stole it! They are hard to break!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Hi JPeek, and welcome to the forum!

There are lots of big boys on here riding these little bikes, carrying a lot of gear, and having a lot of fun. Post your location, there may a few of us near you.

Brian

·
Registered
13,234 Posts

I know it "looks" like I weigh 285lbs. but the camera's are goofy and add about 100 lbs. You'll be fine.:p

·
Registered
26 Posts
6'3" 260 myself and the TDub is a blast to ride! I can still go 60 mph with stock gearing on the blacktop (no big hills or high winds) and run at 40 mph on dirt roads.
I know I probably look a little goofy (monkey/football) but nobody has poked fun....yet:D
View attachment 186070

·
Registered
790 Posts
youll be fine and happy with the bike. if you want it to fit you better consider adding taller and wider handlebars better footpegs and perhaps a taller shock spring combo depending on your preference. its a great bike for nearly anyone and I say this as a rider just a shade smaller than you. cheers and welcome to the club!

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Won't be setting any speed records and I'd probably suggest keeping the stock (low) gearing, but as long as you don't feel the need to go more than 55ish you'll be fine. If you get off road more than relatively smooth dirt roads you'll probably want to swap out the fork/shock springs with something stiffer, but the bike will hold you fine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am 6' 3" and used to top out at 265. Love this bike! Down to 215 and it rides the same as when I was packing another 50#'s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts