TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09F45E45-6121-44A6-B3A1-7A9B1A65BEDE.jpeg 73F88785-8143-461D-8133-42E8B64AF904.jpeg I saw these two “ low and slowl” bikes parked in front of the grocery store in Skagway Alaska recently and by counting the helmets they may have been “two up”
No luggage to be seen so they didn’t just arrive into town so I am curious what the story is. I am very impressed if they were ridden all the way here and very very impressed if two up.
I was young once.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
More than likely they were carried up on a trailer or RV and ridden while there. TWs have in fact made some wild trips all around this and other countries but most would be well equipped with gear and baggage. I know of one such epic ride that left my NY home and went across the north of the US to Washington and then back down the west coast all the way to TX.

GaryL

·
Registered
856 Posts
skagway is an awesome little town with amazing tasting apple trees and so on. not much riding to do there. most likely they came on the ferry or on the back of an rv or truck on the ferry. the nearest road connection is in haines which is a few dozen ferry miles away.

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Yes Mr Logan please tell us about that little town of yours. We want more pictures :)

5FB19098-6AD3-4E93-B1D0-3C2FAE4A37F3.png

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
I too was guessing that the fairly clean TW came up on the ferry.
Skagway no longer is the sleepy little town of decades past but is still a place one doesn't just stumble upon while riding a TW. Skagway-2015-17.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts