TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon some pics of that TW after my first few cosmetic changes.

1. I used a hack saw and file to take off the lower license plate holder.

2. Added the Jimboshield (even I can do it-in about 7 min.)

3. Added a Rhino Lined skid plate

4. Then added the old school (yes I did it JUST for looks) Acerbis disk brake cover & Super Moto MX Front Fender

5. Then I added a Blaster shock...and I love it.

What a fun trip it's been. The TW is fun forever.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
6. Comparison from the 2012 stock to my 2008

7. Then came the FMF Power Core Pipe. It is LOUD (for safety on the street) and a little more power in the Mid and Top end.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8. Then came the subtle pelican case and MSR Fuel Can Cannisters (grenade launchers)

The MSR Cans are expensive but worth the extra safety.

9. First ride with the AZ crew. Broke both aluminum oversized footpegs within the first 45 mins. GET THE STEEL.

Testing the TW to air missles...just kidding.

10. Picked up a cycle rack for $100...and love it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looks great! Couple questions: Isn't that version of the FMF pipe for a 2-stroke? What is your weight, curious if the banshee shock feels too soft for you? Do the police hassle you about the license plate not being lit up? Like the look of your Tdub!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Brock, your bike looks real nice. In the hopes of minimizing confusion, it was my understanding that you and Catamount both went with the "BLASTER" shock. I was under this impression given the lengthy discussion regarding seat height. The Blaster shock is taller, the Banshee is the shorter of the two and also has an attached reservoir. Please provide me clarification so we can minimize confusing others, and as well correct the mislabeling that one of us has done. Thanks, Gerry.

Blaster

Banshee

Stock TW.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice job! Nice post with the Photo #6 comparing to stock. That shock really changes the look to a Motocross bike. How does it handle and feel with the new stance?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did the Banshee Shock do anything?

I stand corrected, I have the blaster shock. I bought a blaster and a banshee off ebay the same week and both shocks ended up being the exact same thing. So whoever listed the shock on ebay was wrong. It is a blaster and I love it.

Yes, it added A LOT of travel rides much smoother.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice evolution, I like the rhino-lined skid plate.
I went down to Jimbo's back in 2010. He was kind enough to show me a few tricks for the TW. He also traded me my stock skid plate for the Rhino-ed skid plate. Still pretty worthless, but it is a cool looking worthless.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote name='biglefti' date='08 November 2012 - 07:04 AM' timestamp='1352383481' post='60871']

Looks good Brock, when we riding?

Give me some time Lefty. Moving to Tempe this weekend and starting a new job. Let me get acclimated then I will be ready to roll.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote name='mrgizmow' date='08 November 2012 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1352405331' post='60898']

Brock, your bike looks real nice. In the hopes of minimizing confusion, it was my understanding that you and Catamount both went with the "BLASTER" shock. I was under this impression given the lengthy discussion regarding seat height. The Blaster shock is taller, the Banshee is the shorter of the two and also has an attached reservoir. Please provide me clarification so we can minimize confusing others, and as well correct the mislabeling that one of us has done. Thanks, Gerry.

Blaster

Banshee

Stock TW.

Hi Gerry

You would know better than me. Within two weeks, I bought a banshee shock and a blaster shock from 2 separate people on eBay. Both were in Phoenix. The funny thing is, they both ended up being the identical shock. So, I guess I have the blaster. I also had to had a piece fabricated to make the upper loop fit snug.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks great! Couple questions: Isn't that version of the FMF pipe for a 2-stroke? What is your weight, curious if the banshee shock feels too soft for you? Do the police hassle you about the license plate not being lit up? Like the look of your Tdub!

Thank you. I am the first to say I am an MX TW snob... I actually bought the power core pipe from someone in the forum that he had on his TW. It was too loud for him. The shock feels great. It might be a TAD soft, but I am 6'3, mostly torso and really don't stand that much, so it works great for me. In answer to your question about the plate. AZ drivers are not the best in the day much less a night. I only ride it during the day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you still have the extra shock? You interested in selling? I love the look of this mode, i'd really like to add some height to my bike.

I'm also 6'3, when people say its a softer shock, do they mean it just has more travel, or are people saying it will actually bottom out a lot easier?

Nerk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts