TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sort of. We border about 26,000 square acres of BLM. This is why I refer to it as the back 40...40 square miles.

For me it's better than livin in town!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Normally:p

She jumped off and ran to the top of the hill on the first attempt when I stalled. Otherwise she was on the whole time!
Haha! I laughed out loud when I saw that! "Ruh-Roh" and then here comes Georgie running ahead. Apparently she didn't have total confidence that you were gonna finish that climb as well as you did :D.

Looks like a fun time, I really ought to try and squeeze in an afternoon dirt ride here and there myself.

·
Registered
19,568 Posts
Nice Sandbox! No wonder you have developed good sand riding skills.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha! I laughed out loud when I saw that! "Ruh-Roh" and then here comes Georgie running ahead. Apparently she didn't have total confidence that you were gonna finish that climb as well as you did :D.
Experience has taught Georgie to be suspicious of my riding!

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Sandbox! No wonder you have developed good sand riding skills.
I use to sweat profusely and ride about 5mph when encountering sand. Now I don't let it intimidate me...as much:eek:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
the back 40, being BLM is our back yard. i'm glad you get to use it, but the way i see it, the videos are a form of rent. fair is fair.

the sand looks damp: better traction? how much do you air down?

i'd love to see a their-person video of georgie riding with you; how she shifts her weight, jumps up and down solo... great companion you've got there.
mine just farted next to me, and that noise scared herself. she's a pup so maybe i can train her still.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the back 40, being BLM is our back yard. i'm glad you get to use it, but the way i see it, the videos are a form of rent. fair is fair.

the sand looks damp: better traction? how much do you air down?

i'd love to see a their-person video of georgie riding with you; how she shifts her weight, jumps up and down solo... great companion you've got there.
mine just farted next to me, and that noise scared herself. she's a pup so maybe i can train her still.
I for one think wet/damp sand is easier to ride in. I would say this sand was 50/50 damp/dry this time of year, but still plenty loose. Hard to tell from the video, but I'm wiggling around quite a bit in the stuff. I'm aired down to around 12 psi.

Video my son took

One I did

And one from sscooter. Can't really see her that good as he's hanging back, but you can tell she's on back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts