TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinds of TW-specific parts, bling, performance or problem solver items do you most wish were available for your TW?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a few ideas, but TW people are kind of thrifty and I don't think you'd sell many of them.

-A nice bolt on bracket to mount a Trailtech Vapor computer in place of the OEM instrument units. Something super sanitary.

-Brackets to mount Trailtech Vapor speed sensors to both disc and drum brake bikes. There's no sanitary option for drum bikes currently

-Billet aluminum footpegs. Something nice like IMS, but aluminum. They sell them for the biggies like Teneres and other higher dollar ADV bikes.

-Adapter brackets to put other oversize tanks on these bikes. Seems like the threads covering XT tanks and the like all use various handmade brackets.

You'll notice a trend in my ideas. I like sanitary stuff. I personally won't do a modification until I'm confident the final product will look absolutely factory when completed, whether using my parts or bought aftermarket parts. That's why I haven't bought one of your oil cooler adapters yet. I'm still trying to figure out where to put the cooler to make it effective, well protected, and look factory quality.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Oil cooler kit.

Ronnydog

I second this one!

An all-in-one kit with adapter, hoses, cooler, brackets and detailed instructions (including new larger oil volume measurements) would be well worth paying a little extra for in my mind.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I second this one!

An all-in-one kit with adapter, hoses, cooler, brackets and detailed instructions (including new larger oil volume measurements) would be well worth paying a little extra for in my mind.

Almost forgot!

Also in the kit, some kind of petcock assembly to bypass the cooler for when it's cold out. Something rigidly mounted to the adapter would be preferable to an in-line valve flopping around.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Maybe a rear disc (although the drum really isn't bad if maintained), an oil cooler ready to drop in would be handy. Big one for me would be a 2-piece left case cover. That could get tough, but it's not impossible.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Inexpensive reliable larger front footpeg or reputable source for one.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Big one for me would be a 2-piece left case cover. That could get tough, but it's not impossible.

My my, yes, this would be very nice. Complain about it all the time, myself

The purpose though is probably to get some outside support on that long countershaft, so need to take this into consideration (Jontow and I were discussing this in the past few days)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
What I wish is that Yamaha would take our best idea's and make them O.E.M. on a new model and retro fit on older ones.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Inexpensive reliable larger front footpeg or reputable source for one.

i'm working with a guy i found on the xt225 forum on this.... he says he can make them bomb-proof and come in around $48-55 bucks. i waiting to try out the prototypes.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bombproof aluminum, or steel?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I saw a guy at Marks Vintage Swap meet that was doing large peg mods for about that same money. You send him yours and he welds a cage around them. They look good but his 50 dollar range on price is real close to the neighborhood of IMS pegs at 70 dollars. Figure in prep and powdercoat and those modified pegs aren't much cheaper than IMS ones, which I can verify from personal experience, are pure quality pieces.

·
Registered
395 Posts
another gear? 50 more HP? i mean if im going to get once chance to wish... im going to wish big...... how about one of you know it all guys (said with the greatest respect) to spend a day with me to show me all the how to's that i dont understand and help me get the bike dialed in correctly, cuz i suck. (offers? i live in Los Angeles area, will bring bike to you with a couple six pacs and few bucks)

on the real side, a tad better electrical system that i dont have to worry about balance, another group buy on concept seats cuz i missed the first one (still kicking myself on that one), TCI style skidplacte for something less than 250 bucks, and maybe my next project a 12v power outlet.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Bombproof aluminum, or steel?

steel.

i got into touch with him from the xt225 forum and inquired about the pegs he makes. he said they wouldn't fit a tw, but he seemed intrigued enough to buy a pair oem pegs to use as a template for larger ones so they fit directly, without cutting, grinding or clipping. i'll post info as i know more.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a good deal. IMO Aluminum pegs of any kind and dirt don't mix. I've had the shattered metatarsals to prove it.

Got a link to the XT versions?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
High low range gear like the honda 90.

Ronnydog
SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT! I have been watching this thread waiting for someone to throw it out there. Personally I would like to add at least 50cc's, sixth gear and a rear disk to make it more comfortable on the highway.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How much would a bolt-on 25-30cc's without splitting cases be worth?

Bear in mind that the alternative currently means total disassembly, splitting cases, the expense of all the 225 donor parts, gaskets and case mouth enlargement, etc. etc.

No dawg in this fight. It wouldn't be sold by me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts