TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a week at my parent's farm playing follow the leader on the TW. My son on a '73 Kawasaki 100 2-stroke, my daughter on a Honda Z50, a neighbor girl on a TTR90, a cousin on our beater TW farm bike, miscellaneous people on a pair of old 3-wheelers, etc. Needless to say our horse barn doesn't have horses in it.

The TW is just perfect as a lead bike. Fast enough to run, excellent at running slow for beginners, runs cow paths thru the woods and creeks and can beat a path when necessary.

Sometimes running first gear up a hill thru the woods to get around to get a stalled bike restarted is just a blast as well.

i sold my DRZ400 because it had to be going twice as fast to have as much fun and at that point I was leaving the kids behind. My cousins in New Jersey got a TW to run thru the pine barrens and they love theirs as well.

When I go up to the KY/TN line to the old coal mines, the TW makes a great woods bike as well as being particularly good in slippery conditions.

I can't wait for my son to be big enough to ride a TW.

Just had to report on what everyone knows...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
svhanc........The TW200 is probably the most under-rated,under-appreciated bike known to man....too date. But, you will find that the TW is MUCH more than just a slow follow the leader machine.It does quite well (with the tires at the right pressure) off road and inflate the tires up for road duty and your set......can handle alot of cargo weight as well!.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
How about the perfect bike for Grand dads too.

i went through all those wild days back in the mid 60's early 70's when speed ruled and these days I can easily remember all those aches and pains from it. I went for almost 30 years with no bike and recently got a T dub to get back in the woods and back to my old fishing holes. Great bike and pretty nimble for us seniors.

GaryL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have gone fairly quickly following the modern woods bikes with the East Tennessee Riders, but that isn't really where the TW shines. It will never be as good as a light/powerful KTM or Jap 250/300/450.

where I left those guys behind is when a thunderstorm had water running down slick clay trails and I could just run low RPM and slide around with my feet for outriggers as they spun and slid off the trail.

it is also very satisfying utilizing the low gearing to ride it like a trials bike following cow or deer paths at walking speed or up stupid-steep hillsides.

it is simply the most fun bike to go slowly on.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have gone fairly quickly following the modern woods bikes with the East Tennessee Riders, but that isn't really where the TW shines. It will never be as good as a light/powerful KTM or Jap 250/300/450.

where I left those guys behind is when a thunderstorm had water running down slick clay trails and I could just run low RPM and slide around with my feet for outriggers as they spun and slid off the trail.

it is also very satisfying utilizing the low gearing to ride it like a trials bike following cow or deer paths at walking speed or up stupid-steep hillsides.

it is simply the most fun bike to go slowly on.
+1 !

·
Registered
261 Posts
My answer to this was a TTR125. I found that it was the perfect go-with to our TTR90 and Honda 50.

But the TW is road worthy and has a lot more poop - making it much more practical beyond the trails with the kids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts