TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Looks like the rear frame/swingarm/seat post is hinged under the engine and maybe has a shock where the top frame rail would be. Not sure what the engine is mounted to or if the ammo can is the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Bringing back memories of the 1960's ads in the back of Popular Mechanics magazines.

Marty

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
840 Posts
I thought that Heathkit was cool - until I clicked TW-Brian's link and saw it fitted with a ski on the front! That bike is totally awesome!

·
Super Moderator
18,537 Posts
I thought that Heathkit was cool - until I clicked TW-Brian's link and saw it fitted with a ski on the front! That bike is totally awesome!
I bet a few folks failed to click on that link below the picture. I know I did. Cool, thanks bro!

·
Super Moderator
18,537 Posts
Sure is nice to have you around a bit brother Ronny. (y)

Reactions: troll

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Riding my brothers Heath Kit gave me my start. Also because of the wide rear tire I could come to a stop. Lay back on the seat and put my legs on the handle bars with out putting the kick stand down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
here's my other TW, almost identical to my 2006 tw200 except much stronger motor and radically improved suspension:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bit more weight but you can still pick it up and carry it wherever it may not go.
That's either a Rokon or the Russian-built copy of one. You know, I was in the process of buying a Rokon in July 2020, and even spoke to Tom Blais, the company's CEO, when I came across an article comparing the TW to the Rokon. Then I started doing mad stay-at-home research on this little Japanese bike; then I ran across this forum. Spent hours reading all the interesting posts and soon felt that this bike, and this community surrounding it, was right for me. As a newbie, I hope it continues . . . .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts